Zeftronics Solid State Voltage Regulator

gitmo234

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
gitmo234
I have to tip my hat and give some positive words for the Zeftronics guys and their solid state voltage regulators.

In my trip report to Jekyll Island and a few other place I've mentioned I've had intermittent generator problems then VR problems. Blew a fuse over MD after replacing both, flew to GA. Flew back and ended up having the same issue except it was a total failure.

Met a big shot CEO who had his personal mechanic take a look while we flew his mooney to breakfast and he recommended the Zeftronics. Its what he did and it worked.

Turned in my brand new VR on warranty (it was 5 days old), exchanged it for Zeftronics (which was actually $50 cheaper). Ran a test flight today and the results were crazy. Before all the failures it never functioned this well

It adjusts now. I can have everything on, all lights, a USB adapter with 5 ports plugged in, internal lights...everything, and it will adjust to charge the battery.

Anyone who has a mechanical voltage regulator or similar troubles, I highly recommend considering the Zeftronics solid state for about $150.

Anyone who has a mechanical voltage regulator or similar troubles, I highly recommend considering the Zeftronics solid state for about $150.

I've had good luck so far with my Zeftronics VR w/OV protection. It's been in service for a couple years now. Expensive, for sure, about double the cost of an off-the-shelf re-stamped Buick or whatever brand unit.

I've had good luck so far with my Zeftronics VR w/OV protection. It's been in service for a couple years now. Expensive, for sure, about double the cost of an off-the-shelf re-stamped Buick or whatever brand unit.
+1 for Zefronics. It's a solid piece of kit.

Just make sure it's installed correctly, though it's hard to screw it up if you READ the instructions (or have half a brain, voltage regulators with or without the ovp aren't rocket science). Of course that didn't stop my Appalachian-American former mechanics from wiring it up wrong...twice. At least when I rewired it myself the right way the thing still worked despite the abuse.

I have to tip my hat and give some positive words for the Zeftronics guys and their solid state voltage regulators.

In my trip report to Jekyll Island and a few other place I've mentioned I've had intermittent generator problems then VR problems. Blew a fuse over MD after replacing both, flew to GA. Flew back and ended up having the same issue except it was a total failure.

Met a big shot CEO who had his personal mechanic take a look while we flew his mooney to breakfast and he recommended the Zeftronics. Its what he did and it worked.

Turned in my brand new VR on warranty (it was 5 days old), exchanged it for Zeftronics (which was actually $50 cheaper). Ran a test flight today and the results were crazy. Before all the failures it never functioned this well

It adjusts now. I can have everything on, all lights, a USB adapter with 5 ports plugged in, internal lights...everything, and it will adjust to charge the battery.

You have a generator or an alternator? What year and model aircraft?

Paul

We replaced the mechanical VR with a Zeftronics on the Pawnee years ago. Not a problem since.

Back