Youtube Workaround

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
I have a friend that has a YouTube page and would like to post a new video. The video is about 1.5hr in length that is now saved to their Dropbox. Ordinarily that's not a problem except the video exceeds YouTube's standard 15 minute limitation. In order to remove the limitation, they would have to go through a phone number verification process. As I understand it, the account was setup using a phone number of another friend whom I get the impression they are no longer on speaking terms.

Only viable solutions I can come up with are:

1-Host elsewhere (I looked at Vimeo, but it's not setup like YouTube - I'm not well versed on the platform either)

2-Cut the video down to <14:59 chunks; a painful proposition - selecting likely places to slice

3-Bite the bullet and do the phone verification

What's a good workaround for this problem that I haven't already considered?

There has to be a way to change/update the phone number.

There has to be a way to change/update the phone number.

YouTube is now owned by Google; once data goes in, it doesn't come out...you can UPDATE it but the original number is still there as I understand.

Create a new account. There's not apparent limit to the number of google accounts you can have (within reason). Google has owned them for almost ten years now.

YouTube is now owned by Google; once data goes in, it doesn't come out...you can UPDATE it but the original number is still there as I understand.
Only the updated number would need to be verified.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Back