You think you want to upgrade?

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
So you've been thinking about a glass panel, but are wondering about long term service reliability. Over on another board is a discussion about the ADAHRS units going bad on some Meridians, and S-Tec calling for proactive replacement anyway. Meggit wants $12,500 for the PART with exchange, and won't allow repair/yellow tag of the existing unit.

Ive been flying a Cirrus for a year and am on a second set of PFD and MFD AND S-Tec autopilot. I want my steam back

So you've been thinking about a glass panel, but are wondering about long term service reliability. Over on another board is a discussion about the ADAHRS units going bad on some Meridians, and S-Tec calling for proactive replacement anyway. Meggit wants $12,500 for the PART with exchange, and won't allow repair/yellow tag of the existing unit.

Were they replaced under warranty? If not, how much did they ding you for? Avidyne or G1000?

Isn't it like my A&P put it? "They recall a car and the manufacturer pays for the repair. They issue an AD on a plane and the OWNER pays for repairs."

Were they replaced under warranty? If not, how much did they ding you for? Avidyne or G1000?

I fly the 2006 sr-22 Cirrus (Avidyne)under p91 for some doctors, but it was covered by warranty and once we hit 1000 tt on the airframe (were at 700)the warranty is over...we are moving to a PC12 in Feb and I cant wait.
The plane is just over a year old and on its second airframe logbook! The owners are in the process of convincing Cirrus to take the plane back as a demo or be sued under the lemon law.At the annual they found electrical components assembled incorrectly!
Total Bill to Cirrus on a year old plane >$62,000 for warranty work

Last edited:
Yikes. No problems to report with my G1000 - 750 on the Hobbs between me and the previous owner. Maybe it's just waiting to be absolutely sure the warranty has expired. Fortunately the KAP140 wasn't that patient.

I don't get it -- the parts are failing, and WE need to pay for them????

Does anybody have any experience with Honeywell glass cockpits? Good, bad, indifferent?

Back