You know his name and his accomplishments

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
"Only by continuous self-badgering can one achieve a proper attitude of alertness for flying. Reverence for the machine. Gentle handling, train to be uncareless."

This was found in the flight log of the British man who started his primary training in float planes on the Hudson River, later transitioning to Piper Cubs and Fairchild F-24s. He went on to fly more advanced machines including the Fairey Fulmar, the precursor to the Spitfire.

The Brits did not want him to come home from America. This was a big disappointment to him because he wanted to join the RAF. After some string pulling by a fellow pilot who was also his enemy, our man was accepted into the flying branch of the Royal Navy.

Tony Blair (the only Brit worth knowing 'bout).

Winston Churchill.

Geeze.... I looked at his "official" site and apparently its writers are anti-military. There's not a single word on his service. But, it doesn't surprise me on either side. His era was full of honorable men who served and were often heros. I can't even think of one person in modern films. I'm not referring to the older actors still around and active on stage such as Connery.

There's a few Vietnam vets acting, but mostly character actors - like Dan Lauria for example. Can't think of a headliner though.

Back