You guys have first chance to buy

At that price I'd expect a hangar.
You wouldn't live there anyway, any year around home on an airport, in Alaska with a hangar will be in the $4-500,000 market.

and there simply isn't that many to choose from

You can still sort of homestead out in that area, I briefly looked into it when I was there but it would require some work, $$$ and patience to get anything built. I can't imagine living there year round, it's in the middle of nowhere (maybe Cantwell is close by, but then that's just a bar and hotel). Good luck on the sale.. I don't imagine the market is huge for that sort of property.

You can still sort of homestead out in that area, I briefly looked into it when I was there but it would require some work, $$$ and patience to get anything built. I can't imagine living there year round, it's in the middle of nowhere (maybe Cantwell is close by, but then that's just a bar and hotel). Good luck on the sale.. I don't imagine the market is huge for that sort of property.

I looked into the homesteading there with my ex wife, it was just too expensive.

If this was offered 8 years down the road, I'd retire up there. I'd like it to be a bit closer to civilization, but we could make due. A heated hangar would certainly be near the top of the to-do list though.

If this was offered 8 years down the road, I'd retire up there. I'd like it to be a bit closer to civilization, but we could make due. A heated hangar would certainly be near the top of the to-do list though.
This place has a spot ready to go to build a hangar.

Go to Google maps and look along the Parks Highway just south of the Denali park entrance and you will see the Denali strip, it is the cleared spot at the midway point of the strip, with the house with the blue roof.

Good looking spot, just a bit too remote for the wife to survive, her being a city girl and all. If it was in the Mat-Su valley that would be a different story..

Good looking spot, just a bit too remote for the wife to survive, her being a city girl and all. If it was in the Mat-Su valley that would be a different story..

the different story would be the price of it.

The owner of this property was a guide and hunting outfitter flying off the Denali air strip next to the park.

It is a 12 inch "D" log with a 8 inch inner wall of foam and you can heat it in the winter, unlike many cabins. You simply keep a months worth of food on hand, and go get more at the Fred Mayers in Fairbanks when the weather permits.

Snow machining and mushing at its best in the park, and of course you could start a "flight see" business if you like .

Ha! After 3 years up there, I wouldn't even be able to convince her to even look at the add, let alone go look at the property.

I love it! But based on the trophies, it appears I could be, potentially, part of the food chain...:D

Back