You guys are great!

infotango

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rob!
So as most people probably know, I've decided not to go on the xc flight after all, somehow the combination of a very busy schedule, a packed trip and iffy weather seemed too much to handle for me, even as a passenger.

For some reason this was a really hard decision for me; normally I'm a decisive guy, but this trip just felt wrong somehow. I really really wanted to meet everybody, and I was looking forward to seeing the US, but the prospect of this trip just made me nervous somehow. When I cancelled, I expected people to be angry, but I've gotten a ton of supportive PM's.

I'm not going to name names, but some of the best statements I received were:
1. "I can understand about the stress a trip like this could cause... flying with the weather, pilots and terrain you're not familiar with, etc. I think I'd have been nervous too!" This is so true. I've only been west of the Mississippi once, and never met anybody who was going to fly me. I was hoping to really spend some time getting oriented, and buying all the sectionals but time just didn't allow this.
2."It would be fun to try sometime when a person had week or so. " This is so true as well, more time would have made a world of difference for me, and taken that "I need to get back to work and school" stress off. I hope to really do this sometime soon.
I've known enough people that have died flying, and my parent's still don't know I fly, so this community has become my aviation support network. I don't post often, but I'm always reading.

Again, you guys are great, especially ApacheBob, who has been enormously generous and managed to put this whole thing together. You are a testament to the pilot community. I'd love to meet everybody in person, maybe this year I'll manage to make a fly in, or if you are ever in NYC, send me a PM!

Rob, you will meet many of us, and (speaking about the others, not me), you'll rarely meet a group of nicer or more giving folks. Something in the avgas (the blue dye?) just makes folks more hospitable.

Maybe we'll see you at Gaston's '07?

infotango said:
So as most people probably know, I've decided not to go on the xc flight after all, somehow the combination of a very busy schedule, a packed trip and iffy weather seemed too much to handle for me, even as a passenger.

For some reason this was a really hard decision for me; normally I'm a decisive guy, but this trip just felt wrong somehow. I really really wanted to meet everybody, and I was looking forward to seeing the US, but the prospect of this trip just made me nervous somehow. When I cancelled, I expected people to be angry, but I've gotten a ton of supportive PM's.

I'm not going to name names, but some of the best statements I received were:
1. "I can understand about the stress a trip like this could cause... flying with the weather, pilots and terrain you're not familiar with, etc. I think I'd have been nervous too!" This is so true. I've only been west of the Mississippi once, and never met anybody who was going to fly me. I was hoping to really spend some time getting oriented, and buying all the sectionals but time just didn't allow this.
2."It would be fun to try sometime when a person had week or so. " This is so true as well, more time would have made a world of difference for me, and taken that "I need to get back to work and school" stress off. I hope to really do this sometime soon.
I've known enough people that have died flying, and my parent's still don't know I fly, so this community has become my aviation support network. I don't post often, but I'm always reading.

Again, you guys are great, especially ApacheBob, who has been enormously generous and managed to put this whole thing together. You are a testament to the pilot community. I'd love to meet everybody in person, maybe this year I'll manage to make a fly in, or if you are ever in NYC, send me a PM!

The blue die, no its' the inhaling part that makes us nice. Rob we will have a NE fly-in and you will meet alot of people then. Don't sweat it.

Bob

No reason to feel bad by me, Rob!. Remember, before you volunteered, this was being planned. So it wasn't completely hitching on you.

I hope you don't feel bad. Really.

infotango said:
When I cancelled, I expected people to be angry, but I've gotten a ton of supportive PM's.

Why would anyone be angry or upset? You made the best decision for you, and that is great with me. :yes:

SCCutler said:
Something in the avgas (the blue dye?) just makes folks more hospitable.

It's the lead, Spike, the lead. (WaaaaHOOOOO, hehehehehe, bounce bounce, yeeeeaaaaaah)

Bill Jennings said:
It's the lead, Spike, the lead. (WaaaaHOOOOO, hehehehehe, bounce bounce, yeeeeaaaaaah)
Lead don't hurt nothing, it's not like it messes up how well ya think or anythi... hmm dmm dee doo....sigh.. hmmm-mm... oh, look, donuts! Deedledeedlehmmmm...

uh, what?

Bill Jennings said:

That could explain why, if I haven't flown for a while, I have the desire to drink old paint. Hmmm.. Glad I got THAT problem out of the way......... Now where's the nearest Sherwin Williams

Back