You can't fail a flight review but...

The rest of me is unairworthy at the moment and there’s no approved repair that’s acceptable to the Administrator, so the logs aren’t useful. :)

Wife is considering selling me off for a newer model. Would you guys recommend Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist for top dollar? LOL.
What about the Chinese model? LOL

The rules are clear if a CFI administers a flight review but the pilot is not competent do not sign the time off as a review. What you say and how you say it is left up to the CFI. I sign it off as dual and recommend specific maneuvers etc. As a CAP Check Pilot I did the same thing for their required annual checkride (CAP Form 5). The actual form had a place for recording pass or fail etc and the checkride could be used as an FAA flight review. But if you failed the form 5 them form was filled out, a logbook entry noting the checkride was failed and details recorded on the form, and nothing was said about using the evolution for FAA purposes.

If the checkride was successful, I was always glad to include the narrative so it could count as an FAA Flight Review. Most folks passed but there were a few who left me shaking my head in doubt.

Back