Yet another new user from the "red" forum

S

singermcl

Yep, I headed on over from AOPA, Nice digs over here. Great subject matter and I see no rants about silly things. I see lots of familiar people. Seems nice and calm over here...

Wow we're getting an influx of people from the AOPA.

I've been lurking here for some time. I intend to participate a little more now. It's a great forum. Thanks POA!

Welcome welcome - to really the nices pilot family on the web!

Thanks Scott, I like to change them up every once and a while.

Yep, I headed on over from AOPA, Nice digs over here. Great subject matter and I see no rants about silly things. I see lots of familiar people. Seems nice and calm over here...

First Welcome Marc, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, but I'd hold off on that statement about silly rants unitl you have been here a bit or visited Spin Zone:rolleyes: . As I said in another post most of us are members of both boards but consider this home. Make sure you read the ROC and policies and enjoy the board.

I'm a rat leaving that sinking ship, too (formerly known as Linspire).

I only go back there now to see if it's still there, and to be able to say I was online when it all imploded for good.

It looks like things are done right over here.

Welcome over guys! There are some good discussions on here and folks seem to debate without taking things too personally. The Red Board certainly has it's cast of characters. It's nicer on here to get to know folks a little more personally and to speak with them like you are addressing a person <g>

Best,

Dave

Welcome over guys! There are some good discussions on here and folks seem to debate without taking things too personally. The Red Board certainly has it's cast of characters. It's nicer on here to get to know folks a little more personally and to speak with them like you are addressing a person <g>

Best,

Dave

This has always felt more like a hangar on a Saturday afternoon to me. . .

-JD

I change mine from time to time too. I have had this one for a while. The whole copyright brouhaha seems to have blown over so it may be time for something new.

I thought it was funny you used a copyrighted image from the BSA telling people to respect copyrights! :)

This has always felt more like a hangar on a Saturday afternoon to me. . .
We on the PoA Management Council work very hard to keep it that way, and we are very pleased when we see that folks appreciate it. Pour yourself a glass of sweet tea and set yourself down in the rocking chair...

We on the PoA Management Council work very hard to keep it that way, and we are very pleased when we see that folks appreciate it. Pour yourself a glass of sweet tea and set yourself down in the rocking chair...
Sweet tea!?! EWWWW!

;)

Sweet tea!?! EWWWW!

;)

Better than Pocari Sweat

pocari_sweat-712493.jpg

Actually does not taste too bad

Sweat tea and bad tea IMHO. I live "up nort" now and when I forget and ask for sweat tea the more clever of the wait staffs will say that they can bring me sugar. NOT THE SAME THING!! :mad:

I agree. I'm a tea traditionalist. Iced, and sweet. :yes:

Wow we're getting an influx of people from the AOPA.

I haven't been on here since last Feb I think.

Just popped on the redbard after along absence as well.

Now if I only had something to say.......

You're all welcome here, but there is one rule we do have.

Don't squeeze the Charmin.

Sweat tea and bad tea IMHO. I live "up nort" now and when I forget and ask for sweat tea the more clever of the wait staffs will say that they can bring me sugar. NOT THE SAME THING!! :mad:

Only because they don't bring you 2 cups of sugar.

I hadda keep remembering to say "un-sweet" when I ordered in Nashville.

Give it up Scott... I'm afraid we don't have real Sweet Tea up nort. :(

I know it's different... But I can't remember how to make Sweet Tea. I must go south again, it'll probably come back to me. ;)

I know it's different... But I can't remember how to make Sweet Tea. I must go south again, it'll probably come back to me. ;)

Brew it hot, add sugar while it's hot, let it cool, sugar becomes supersaturated...heaven awaits.

There are two kinds of iced tea..."tea" and "unsweetened tea." Though where I grew up there was really only one kind ;)

Bring 1 qt of water to boil. turn off heat. steep 4-5 family size tea bags (lipton)
for 15 minutes . Remove tea bags, Do not squeeze bags, this makes tea bitter. add 1-1 1/2 cups of sugar. stir, add 1 qt of cold water. add a pinch of baking soda if you are going to put in frig for a day or two ( keeps from becoming cloudy)

Serve in mason jar with ice and a wedge of lemon.

Last edited:
Yea, what is it?

Angelina Jolie as the Virgin Mary and it is hanging up in a California Wall-Mart. There are many levels of interpretation of this piece of art. I have not been as struck by something of this nature since that guy painted the mayor of Chicago in ladies underwear (not Daley BTW it was pre-Daley)

I suggested this evening that we should look into acquiring this piece of art , but I think I could sell the idea of an airplane upgrade easier. Some people do not have my refined taste for the arts. I think it speaks volumes of how we as a people treat celebrity, beauty, and consumerism. It is simply brilliant IMHO.

Last edited:
I've felt welcome here for more than a couple of years even though I live in Georgia and hate sweet tea.
BTW, a hearty welcome to those from the red board just discoving us.

I've felt welcome here for more than a couple of years even though I live in Georgia and hate sweet tea.

If the Lord had intended for iced tea to be sweet, He would have planted tea leaves in Hawaii next to the sugar cane fields.

Verily.

-JD

Restaurant sweet tea is often way too loaded down with corn syrup. If I know it to be this way, I ask for half 'n half, or just ask for "unsweet".

Back