Yellow Tagged Parts

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
I have the opportunity to purchase a 1965 Beechcraft Musketeer for $500.00. No log books, no engine, has prop. Tires are flat, and interior is junk, airframe looks good have not inspected for corrosion. Still thinking there are a lot of good parts to sell once it's cleaned up.

Can I sell parts as serviceable just using the tachometer as time in service? If not, do you simple say time is unknown?

Just went through my IPB for my 1974 Beechcraft Sport and there are a lot of interchangeable parts. Nose and main gear, wings, tail and rudder, and stabilator. Dose have a KT-76A transponder in it and the NARCO 50A in my Sport is tits up.

May be keeping more than I thought

Last edited:
Not likely much there that is a life limited part. Parts is parts. Sell them as-is no paperwork.

You don't need yellow tags to sell parts. It's done all the time. You'll likely get most of your $500 back at the scrap metal yard. I'd go for it if you have the time and space to store plane and parts.

yellow tag....schmello rag.

Dunworry bout it.....sell them as is.

E-bay is your friend,, well maybe.

I once sold on eBay a well-used 2 blade CS prop/hub assembly to an airboat guy for $800 less than the cost of the brand new 3 blade CS/hub assembly that replaced it.

Well, OK, plus my partner and I did spend a Saturday afternoon building a crate to ship the thing in, and we did pay for the install of the new one...

Well I got the Musketeer for $400, start taking it apart today. Hope to have it taken apart and parts stored in the next month or so.....

Got the wings off today, now I just need to move everything to the house for storage:yes::yes:

hahahahhaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyways, have fun with the project!

Back