Yay snow!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
We got some snow, not much, but enough to make the roads icy and since New Mexicans suck at snow driving, it also makes the roads deadly.

Albuquerque Public Schools go on a 2 hour delay, as does everything else in the state is seems. But not UNM. I have to go march around in the 19 degree morning today.

I'm actually not really complaining though - I love snow....I just wish New Mexicans weren't so dumb when it came to dealing with it. Just the fact that they'd delay any school for the less than 1" of snow we got here is unbelievable.

The secret to snow driving is simple: Be smart. That doesn't mean drive 5mph, it just means be smart. And don't slam on your brakes to see if you have traction. Oh, and turn slower. I wish we knew this here.

We got some here, too... only about 10" or so, but every snow fall reinforces Darwin's theory. Unfortunately, the wrecker companies and auto body shops keep putting the idjits back on the roads again ...

beginning of every winter everyone everywhere has to relearn how to drive in the stuff. accident rates go down steeply by the end of winter here

After sitting on a 121 flight for three hours at MCI yesterday afternoon (just waiting for deice - the runways were open), and an extra half hour flying around the front, I can't say I'm particularly happy.

I do love flying in the snow, but sitting, waiting, for 3 hours with screaming kids on board is a real test of patience.

After sitting on a 121 flight for three hours at MCI yesterday afternoon (just waiting for deice - the runways were open), and an extra half hour flying around the front, I can't say I'm particularly happy.

I do love flying in the snow, but sitting, waiting, for 3 hours with screaming kids on board is a real test of patience.
Drinking your 3 ounces of fluid in quick succession would've helped.

Misery loves company. Working pilots were delayed too.

We are getting over it, no snow left on the ground today but the past 4 days have been a driving night mare.

Drinking your 3 ounces of fluid in quick succession would've helped.

Misery loves company. Working pilots were delayed too.

Actually, the crew was really great (gotta love Midwest Airlines), so I didn't need to dig into the 3-oz bottles ;) . Plenty of fluids and lots of salty pretzels.

We're still waiting for the show here in the East.

Can't wait!!!

God, I did that at PIT last winter... hell is a ERJ trying to get to LGA, realizing that the mess that you are waiting on clearing in PIT will do the same thing to you at LGA . . .

Cheers,

-Andrew
not enough booze in the world to do that flight again

hell is a ERJ

Or a CRJ. Same diff.

When I was in Boston 18 months ago, the client had me going to NYC mid-late afternoon.... just as a snowstorm (4-8 inches) was moving up the coast. My instructions were simple: "Please rebook me on the Metroliner".

Fortunatly, I was on Midwest yesterday - 88 seats on a Boeing 717 (all 2x2 seating, throughout the plane). ANd it wasn't full.

Actually, the crew was really great (gotta love Midwest Airlines), so I didn't need to dig into the 3-oz bottles ;) . Plenty of fluids and lots of salty pretzels.

If you're gonna get stuck, get stuck on Midwest. :yes:

Back