ya get what ya pay for!

tom clark

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Tom Clark
Boy did I get taken. I love buying some of my old favorite tvshows on dvd. I found a site called DVDAvenue and they were the only place that had all 8 seasons of the sitcom Wings and man was it cheap! Got em all for 100 bucks. I guess it's all bootleg cuz the quality is terrible and there's a "nick at night" logo in the corner of the screen! We've even caught glimpses of commercials! I called them to complain and they won't take my call or answer my emails. They also overcharged my credit card a few bucks. Guess they've heard it all before. With Christmas around the corner I thought I'd put out the heads up! If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. fwiw, tc

Call your credit card company and complain about it!

Call your credit card company and complain about it!
Not only complain challenge the charge and state that you were over charged. Then ask the CC company to reverse the charge and open an investigation. DVD Avenue will then have to respond to get their money.

Nick at Nite would like to know that they're pirating their content, too, I expect. Heck, maybe the feds! That'll teach 'em to not answer the phone! :eek:

Good luck finding them.

I'm not sure whether I'm more surprised that you thought you'd get copyrighted quality at $12/season or that "Wings" was one of your favorite shows. Both are equally mind boggling.

[FLEE]

I'm not sure whether I'm more surprised that you thought you'd get copyrighted quality at $12/season or that "Wings" was one of your favorite shows. Both are equally mind boggling.

[FLEE]

The individual seasons go for around 20 so it didn't seem too "garage sale". It was the only way to get all 8 seasons and I thought it would be nice to have the complete series. Honestly, I couldn't care less if they were copyrighted. You think I'd be on here griping if the dvd set was perfect?? Funny, we were watching episode 7 last night, there are 7 episodes on each disc. Halfway through the show it just ends. I guess the disc wasn't quite big enough! What a riot! tc

ps: if you don't like "wings" my advice is don't watch it! :D

Back