Xerox printer defaults to black and white (SOLVED)

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Our Canon Bizhub bit the dust and was apparently outdated. So, we got a Xerox printer that does the same thing. Forget about the fact that my desktop wouldn't install the driver.

IT guy got me a new computer with Windows 10 on it. I didn't really need a new computer, but I guess he couldn't manage Win 7 machines anymore and I needed a new computer to run Win 10. It found the Xerox printer fine. It installed the driver fine. The agonizing thing though, is that even though the preview looked correct, and it was set for color, it printed in grayscale.

Fast forward. I played with it a little bit. Under the printer's properties button, there are some tabs, and one is for image settings. Low and behold, three layers deep, was a setting for the images to print in black in white. And that was the default. I set it to color. Never mind that the first two layers of color settings were set to color. They had to really f(#%#$ bury it. That worked.

Somewhat. It still defaulted to black and white. How incredibly annoying. So I did some research, which suggested I change it within the computer settings printers and scanners window, which will apparently change the driver defaults. That seemed to have worked.

Anyway, yeah, if you run in to that problem, then there.

Back