Xc sim time?

farmerbrake

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
farmerbrake
If you are in an approved flight sim (atd) and you takeoff from one airport, fly at least 50 nm to another and land at the other aiport can you log that time as XC?
If so for what ratings/certificates?
Thanks in advance!

Ill guess before one of the knowledgeable guys comes in and say you can only log it as sim time.

You MIGHT be able to log XC, but I doubt it.

Definitely not XC for the purposes of time needed for a rating.

Why would you want to? It's not the point of XC time... the point is to get you away from the local area to see how to find airports, navigate via VFR means, and get into different weather systems.

Why would you want to? It's not the point of XC time... the point is to get you away from the local area to see how to find airports, navigate via VFR means, and get into different weather systems.
Just looking at regs and it says (paraphrasing) '50 hrs xc of which 10 in an airplane'
Not that I want to/am planning on doing it, but It is something we did in in a previous sim session so if I can count it shouldn't I?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Log it how you want. An airline sees you logging it that way, they will probably laugh and tell you to get out of their office.

In my opinion sim time is just that, sim time and/or simulated instrument time. It doesn't have any engines(so no ASEL or AMEL time) and no PIC(since you don't need to be a pilot to even operate one).

Just looking at regs and it says (paraphrasing) '50 hrs xc of which 10 in an airplane'
Not that I want to/am planning on doing it, but It is something we did in in a previous sim session so if I can count it shouldn't I?

They are referring to 10 hours in an airplane and the other 40 can be in powered-lift, helicopters, gyrocopters, blimps, etc. Just because you did it on a previous sim session doesn't make it right.

FAR 61.1(b)...
(3) Cross-country time means
(b) conducted in an aircraft

(it won't let me put an upper-case b without changing it to a smiley of sorts)

FAR 61.1(b)...
(3) Cross-country time means
(b) conducted in an aircraft

(it won't let me put an upper-case b without changing it to a smiley of sorts)
Thank you! Don't know how I missed that.

Question answered.

That would be astoundingly boring even if you could log it. Turn on ap, go to lunch, come back and it's still droning on. :yawn:

Back