XC Logging Question

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
So, now that I'm not a 'student', I'm looking to start venturing out again and building time. My wife hasn't been out of the practice area and the local familiar spots, so tomorrow, I am taking my wife on our first Brunch run,.. from N10-LNS which is 40nm. :fcross: (pending Vis/Haze in morning) If I have time, I would like to get a 50nm flight in my logbook for future IR training.

So, I was thinking of flying from LNS to DYL on the way back, 55nm, and then back to N10. That counts right? Since my trip will be Lancaster as my departure airport, even though it wasn't my home base. Consider myself relocated for the morning :D

FAR 61.65 just states 50 hrs of Cross Country time required. When a student, FAR 61.93 stated the requirements and includes "from where the flight originated" in the wording. This was always N10 during training, but does that still stand now, since I'm not just landing at LNS, but shutting down, coming back after a good breakfast, and then starting a new flight.

from N10-LNS which is 40nm. :fcross: (pending Vis/Haze in morning) If I have time, I would like to get a 50nm flight in my logbook for future IR training.

What you need to do is find an aiport that is 11nm BEYOND LNS and go there either before or after your lunch. Then you are golden. :yes:

KIPT is always a good choice... :D

Although it looks like my next few Saturdays are going to be days when I'm not around.

Ted
I'm getting checked out at Wings Field in their C172's the third week of July (14, 15) After that, and your cycle trip,.. we'll have to plan a time to get together.

Donegal Springs :D (N71) 52.9nm from N10.

N10-N71-LNS-N10, Sounds like a plan to me.

That's a nice little airport, but why not fly into Harrisburg International (KMDT)? There's no charge for a touch and go, it's a nice BIG runway, and it's a neat flight up the Susquehanna and over Three Mile island.

Capital City is across the river and has a nice Pilot Lounge and small pilot shop.

After landing at either ask the nice TRSA folks to do a sightseeing flight up river before heading back towards LNS. Unless it's crazy busy they'll certainly oblige.

I'd like to, but I'm under the constraints of our babysitter for my daughters'. As it is, I'm sure I'll be close, depending how long we are at the restaurant,.. and if we have time, the pilot shop. I can get lost in there ;)

It will be nice to get Becky up anyway, this will be her first flight with her 'new' headset.

I'll post back tomorrow after the flight.

Well Rob if you go to N71 tell Jay .....Dave Gaiski says hello. I did my PPL out of there in the Grummans
Dave G
P.S. the last name is pronounced Guyski .

I'm hoping for 10:15 to be parked on the West Ramp for the restaurant. Aren't you working a double? Sounds like your last lesson went really well. If you are heading up, please PM me your cell phone and I"ll do the same. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the visibility will be good and the haze minimal in the morning.

Well, I'll have to report again on another day, it was a No-Go day due to fog and Haze this morning. :mad: Becky and I still went and dropped the kids off at the sitters, and then went for breakfast ourselves and a little Yard Sale Shopping. She enjoys when we get to do that, and it's been a while. I'm shopped out,.. to many U-turns and going around the blocks for me today after passing so many signs. B)

Next time you'll be going to LNS, let me know - I always like lunch there. I'll fly up from FDK or JYO.

Next time you'll be going to LNS, let me know - I always like lunch there. I'll fly up from FDK or JYO.

I second that remark, the restaurant there isn't half bad.

Although last time I went there with my boss he was asking if the waitress was available "to go", so I probably shouldn't bring him anymore. :rolleyes:

Back