X Post from AOPA- Lincoln, NE FBO/Flight School

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
Dear Colleagues;

I may be spending some time in Lincoln, NE. Where can I rent a plane, and also finish my Instrument rating? I have 20 of the 40 hours of instruction done.

Thanks much!
-->Jack

Thank you for taking the time to look them up and passing the information to me. However, despite what's on AOPA, neither mentions flight instruction on their web site.

Best regards!

I live in Lincoln.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news. There really isn't a great place in Lincoln to do your training. I did all of my training here about 10 years ago at a place called Silverhawk Aviation. Back then there were two flight schools. A few years ago, one of them bought the other. Then the charter business got good and the flight training business dried up. The last time I called the only thing they (Silverhawk Aviation) had for rent was a newer glass panel Cessna 172 that they wanted $145/hour for. They will rent it to you, and they do have an instructor ($25/hour VFR and $27/hour IFR when I called)...but they sure don't make flight training a priority.

That said, there are several other places to go. Send me a PM or an e-mail and I'll give you more of the dirt.

What are you coming to town for? Have you been here before? If not, I'd be happy to give you the grand tour.

Last edited:
Back