WTF is Foreflight doing now

whatever you do, don't look at it! don't make eye contact with it! definitely don't poke it with a stick. probably best to just turn and walk away.

To late. Now I’m seeing it everywhere I look. I shut my eyes and it’s still there

garmin pilot, the clearly superior aviation app, shows it as a notam, but it looks more nomral on GP. maybe refresh?

This is weird. I turn off all the maps. It’s still there and there aren’t anymore of them anywhere.

can u click on it or hover over it or anything to get more info? I mean, "high speed aircraft ops", it's probably a mooney fly-in or something.

can u click on it or hover over it or anything to get more info? I mean, "high speed aircraft ops", it's probably a mooney fly-in or something.

Just the usual stuff. I clicked lots of spots along it. Maybe I’ll get a text soon. If you want the orange line to go away send $100,000.......

I'm seeing something about a new chemtrail testing route in MO, but no details. Maybe related?

Lol. That’s what I’ll run with until I find out different. Wish some Foreflitians would check in here and say what they’re seeing. Maybe it’s just mine doing it. I may change the tread title to WTF is wrong with Foreflight now.

EDIT: I did it

I had the same thing but in red a couple months ago. Made no sense.

Lol. That’s what I’ll run with until I find out different. Wish some Foreflitians would check in here and say what they’re seeing. Maybe it’s just mine doing it. I may change the tread title to WTF is wrong with Foreflight now.

EDIT: I did it
Did you try reporting it to them as a bug? On their web site?

How long did it last? Could you tie it to an Update?
Didn't think of updates, but it was there for days/weeks? I have a screen cap but can't upload until this evening...in an all-day class.

are you sure you didn't draw that on there? looks like you clicked on the pencil and ran your finger across the map?

are you sure you didn't draw that on there? looks like you clicked on the pencil and ran your finger across the map?

Hmm. I never use that pencil thing. On purpose but maybe I did inadvertently. I doubt it though, I can’t even walk that straight. brb. Maybe I did. How do I clear it?

upload_2021-5-12_17-12-49.png

Clear button, top second row, right side

yep, just click that clear button. I've done the same thing a few times.

I’m sure they’re havin a laugh at Foreflight. I did report it.

View attachment 96281
Don't feel bad...my Jackson MI (KJXN) taxi map has had a red line on it for about two years...I remember doing it during taxi instructions, but I still haven't figured out how to remove it. I'll use this thread later and see if I can erase it.

yep, just click that clear button. I've done the same thing a few times.

Thanks, all, for explaining this.

My map was accumulating strange red lines, often in perfectly straight segments (I can’t draw that straight!). These are in places I’ve never flown. No idea what gremlin marked the map up that way.

But at least I now know how to clear it: touch the pencil icon on the map, it brings up a new menu on a new second line on the map, including a button to “clear” annotations.

Thanks, all, for explaining this.

My map was accumulating strange red lines, often in perfectly straight segments (I can’t draw that straight!). These are in places I’ve never flown. No idea what gremlin marked the map up that way.

But at least I now know how to clear it: touch the pencil icon on the map, it brings up a new menu on a new second line on the map, including a button to “clear” annotations.
In the Settings, there is a switch to hide the map annotation pencil when viewing the maps. This might help accidentally scribbling on the map.

99DE5070-9793-422F-826C-6575698C7D15.jpeg

Scribbling on the airport diagrams and IAPs is something I like and frequently use. But no so much on the maps. So I have the pencil hidden from view.

Back