WTB: RAM X-Grip Mini

gkaiser

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
gkaiser
I'm cheap, so I figured I'd ask before I go buy a new one...Anyone have a RAM Yoke Mount X-Grip for the iPad Mini they wanna get rid of?

The x grip is junk. I had one and threw it out in the parking lot. Get the snap in ram cradle. Much better. The x grip is just a universal mount.

Interesting comment. We use the X-grip with our Nexus 7, and love it.

It is both incredibly secure and allows for quick removal of the tablet.

Go push and pull some g's in that rv and see where that tablet ends up :)
Mine always seemed to interfere with my buttons on the side. Plus it does make it stick WAY out. I guess its good if you have to have a case. I don't put cases on anything.

Interesting comment. We use the X-grip with our Nexus 7, and love it.

It is both incredibly secure and allows for quick removal of the tablet.

Here is my standard ram mount in my Christen Eagle. Makes a nice clean look and I can't throw it out of the mount :)
That X grip looked like a piece of garbage in here. LOL!

Attachments

• ipad m.jpg
    ipad m.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 18
Go push and pull some g's in that rv and see where that tablet ends up :)
Mine always seemed to interfere with my buttons on the side. Plus it does make it stick WAY out. I guess its good if you have to have a case. I don't put cases on anything.

I have pulled Gs with it, and it's remained rock-solid stable. Here's a pic:

1016555_545041938865038_310331479_n.jpg

You do have to be careful that you don't hit one of the buttons in the upper right corner, but that's pretty simple. I, too, don't ever put my stuff in cases.

Which parking lot? I'd like a second one.

:yeahthat:

I've got a case on my ipad mini, and dont want to have to keep taking my ipad mini in/out of the case to use the mount...the x-grip seems like it would find that mission well...maybe I should hangout at the airport more and catch all the ones people are throwing into the parking lot...

Back