WTB: Quality Lance

PilotSpike

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotSpike
Looking to buy a nice lance, club interior, preferably T tail. Looking for something with up to date avionics and a nice interior. It seems like most everything out there is 20 years out of date.

PM me if you know of something.

John

Problem is people want a modern glass panel, but they think that someone else should pay for it and not pass that price along into the sale. It should have a new panel, paint, interior, and engine while being priced the same as the run out rag with a pair of KX-170Bs and an ADF.

Actually Henning, I am not sure about that, at least not in this case. I have been wanting to find something turn key as I hadn't wanted to put the time into a project. Though I might very well go that route.

One thing I have found that I just went through is that owners don't like to part with this type of aircraft. I made an offer on a very nice Lance recently after doing all of the due diligence and the owner, when faced with the reality of an offer, changed his mind and decided to not sell.

Problem is people want a modern glass panel, but they think that someone else should pay for it and not pass that price along into the sale. It should have a new panel, paint, interior, and engine while being priced the same as the run out rag with a pair of KX-170Bs and an ADF.

My buddy has the perfect lance for you. Really nice T tail with recent paint, overhaul, interior and avionics. Check your PM.

I've seen suckers in Kalifornia that will buy a OK 150 for 22k, pay 20k for new paint, pay some airport shop 5k for upholstey and then think they own a Cessna 150 that's worth $47,000......oops

Actually Henning, I am not sure about that, at least not in this case. I have been wanting to find something turn key as I hadn't wanted to put the time into a project. Though I might very well go that route.

One thing I have found that I just went through is that owners don't like to part with this type of aircraft. I made an offer on a very nice Lance recently after doing all of the due diligence and the owner, when faced with the reality of an offer, changed his mind and decided to not sell.

Well, that is the reason you don't find the upgraded ones on the market, most who goes through the process do so because they want to keep their plane. No sense throwing $60k into a plane when people don't want to pay a premium for it. Therefore the best thing for you to do is find a good airframe to make into the plane you want. Panels don't really take that long anyway, especially if you go modern where you can use a network cable instead if building harnesses. Might wait for the President to sign off on this FAA rewrite of Pt 23 as I think empty weight on a Lance is below 2700 so you'll be able to use Experimental Avioncs glass in your panel if you change to the new Non Commercial category.

Just out of curiosity, why are you limiting the search to a T tail?

Not limiting, just a preference. I like the ability to walk round the back without walking round the HS. I also think its a much prettier plane. And I do intent to stare at times :)

I hear ya Henning. Though to be honest with the re-write heaven knows when this stuff will actually hit. I wasn't aware of this new category of aircraft. I need to read over this thing I think.

John

Not limiting, just a preference. I like the ability to walk round the back without walking round the HS. I also think its a much prettier plane. And I do intent to stare at times :)

I hear ya Henning. Though to be honest with the re-write heaven knows when this stuff will actually hit. I wasn't aware of this new category of aircraft. I need to read over this thing I think.

John

The Lance is a bit of a runway lover, especially so with a T-Tail. A 3,000 ft runway will feel short when you're gross on a warm day.

The Lance is a bit of a runway lover, especially so with a T-Tail. A 3,000 ft runway will feel short when you're gross on a warm day.
True enough. I flew my straight tail out of CRG (4,000 ft) for years, and when it was 95 degrees and packed to the gills I was reminded of the need for proper rotation discipline.

Back