Wtb- instrument DVD course

TommyG

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
Preferrably sportys, but will consider others, just not king.

I borrowed the Sporty's one, and kinda wish I didn't.

They put a lot of emphasis on stuff I didn't care about - designer approaches, etc.

The questions were tricky, and they didn't review some of the topics before hand. Made me feel dumb for not knowing it.

I did like the PPL DVD's.

I've found the Gliem audio to be really good for the written and using the ASA Oral prep for the checkride.

Sorry I can't help, and YMMV, but just a heads up.

I borrowed the Sporty's one, and kinda wish I didn't.

They put a lot of emphasis on stuff I didn't care about - designer approaches, etc.

The questions were tricky, and they didn't review some of the topics before hand. Made me feel dumb for not knowing it.

I did like the PPL DVD's.

I've found the Gliem audio to be really good for the written and using the ASA Oral prep for the checkride.

Sorry I can't help, and YMMV, but just a heads up.

Did someone lend it to you or is there a service that provides this?

A friend did lend it to me, same as the Gleim audio. I did however buy the ASA test prep book.

Last edited:
I got mi IR in 1995. Haven't used it in the past 10 years. So I really need something to reboot my brain. I am looking for something more than the test prep. I did locate a set,

I got mi IR in 1995. Haven't used it in the past 10 years. So I really need something to reboot my brain. I am looking for something more than the test prep. I did locate a set,
In that case - it might work well for you.
Glad to hear you got one.
Good luck!

Back