WTB: Garmin 430W Data Card

jdfrey1

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Frey
I am getting ready to upgrade my GNS-430 to a 430W and would like to purchase a backup data card so I can alternate between the two cards each month. This way I can keep the backup card in my flight bag and not have to try to remember to take it out of the plane which is 25 minutes away. Please PM me if you have one that you are wanting to sell or know a good source to buy an extra one.

Thanks!

They are expensive. Most airports have internet service why not just take your laptop to the airport with you and update before flight? Just asking.

They are expensive. Most airports have internet service why not just take your laptop to the airport with you and update before flight? Just asking.
You don't actually need live internet at the plane. I download the update file on my laptop at home, then take the laptop to the hangar (where there is no internet connectivity) and install it on the card. I set it up on the co-pilots seat and let it do its thing while I preflight, then put the laptop back in the car before flight.

I thought I wanted an extra data card to do what the OP proposes, but after considering the expense, I've gotten quite comfortable with lugging the laptop to the plane. (Of course, this may be a lousy solution if you don't have a laptop easily available!)

Back