WTB: Cheap pax headset

ebykowsky

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
goalstop
Hey guys, I figure it's time to get a cheap headset for my passengers. If anyone has a pair they want to part with let me know. I'm talking functional old head clamp that works but doesn't necessarily look nice or feel great. In the range of $20-30 or so. Also if you happen to have an old cheap handheld, I would consider buying. Like I said, I'm not looking to spend much and I don't value quality as much as I do value.

Anyone? How bout up to $40?

Thanks that's what I'm looking for. I'll call them tomorrow. Only thing that scares me is "has NOT been tested. Sold as-is"

Looks like the ear seal is torn. I would not buy them but then again at the $$$ you want to spend, this is probably what you will find out there....

Find some older David Clarks for a few dollars more and at least you can still get parts for them.

+1 Find some DC's. You can even upgrade them later to NC if you want.

IMO putting a $30 pair of headsets on a passenger is a good way to make sure they never fly with you again.

Looks like the ear seal is torn. I would not buy them but then again at the $$$ you want to spend, this is probably what you will find out there.....

How about these? Or maybe these? I figured at this price point, Ebay or Craigslist is going to be the way to go. I opt for Ebay because I often find items that people are just getting rid of and don't necessarily know or care what the value is. Whether it's Spring cleaning or some pawn shop moving items that have been on the shelves too long, one man's trash...

Find some older David Clarks for a few dollars more and at least you can still get parts for them.

I agree, DCs would be a solid headset for a little more money. I got my like new HD10-13.4 headset on Craigslist for $90 from some poor guy who had gotten his PPL and just couldn't find the time to fly any more. :sad:
The point is, deals can be had, if you do some digging.

so your passengers hearing is not worth protecting? Cheapest possible, most uncomfortable? You could just hand out earplugs. . . 25db noise reduction with the foam models. Dozens for $10.

so your passengers hearing is not worth protecting? Cheapest possible, most uncomfortable? You could just hand out earplugs. . . 25db noise reduction with the foam models. Dozens for $10.

It was more of "my pax hearing is valued at less than an hour of flight time." If you'll see the post one above yours though, you'll see that I reevaluated my priorities.

I also never said most uncomfortable. I just wanted something cheap that functioned properly.

Back