Worst place to be a Pilot

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
I just watched this show, for the first time. Very interesting!

You guys are holding out on me :)

I was in the UK when the first episode aired. I thought it was fun and I'd like to see the rest. Now I can. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
Holy cow this is a really good show...National Geographic meets Dangerous Flights without the fake drama...thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing this, Interesting!!

Nope not holding out. Ive posted about it before months ago. They only made 4 episodes so don't get your hopes up.

Just watched the first episode and it's great! Are there any other shows like this?

I was in the UK when the first episode aired. I thought it was fun and I'd like to see the rest. Now I can. Thanks for the post.

It sucks that it is only 4 episodes, I'm enjoying them!

Nope not holding out. Ive posted about it before months ago. They only made 4 episodes so don't get your hopes up.
In terms of UK shows, that is a whole season. I always thought the worst place to be a pilot was the back seat! Once, as a pax in an ATR, last row seat, plane was waggling its tail the whole flight. Worst commercial flight ever.
Considering Deadliest Catch has gone 10 seasons, and Buffalo Airline's story went 3, this should go for a few years. Looks like fun!

In terms of UK shows, that is a whole season. I always thought the worst place to be a pilot was the back seat! Once, as a pax in an ATR, last row seat, plane was waggling its tail the whole flight. Worst commercial flight ever.
Considering Deadliest Catch has gone 10 seasons, and Buffalo Airline's story went 3, this should go for a few years. Looks like fun!

Ice Pilots went 6 seasons, finishing just a few nights ago. It was only on in the US for 3 seasons.

This has been posted before here, but it appears that they just quit making episodes. Bummer. I've watched them all.

At 4:45 on the first video posted, there is a great example of why you do not fly into a cloud VFR. at 4:50 you see water way down below and a cloud in front of you, then that cloud has something hiding inside.

I would love to fly out there.

The daughter of an acquaintance earned her wings then went off to Afghanistan to fly for a private contractor. Maybe that's right up there as the worst place to be. The good news is she went on to a company flying out of California, maybe close to the worst...

did the show get cancelled? or just no new uploads?

I wonder when they are gonna have New Jersey on there. :rofl:

Holy cow this is a really good show...National Geographic meets Dangerous Flights without the fake drama...thanks for sharing this.

This show is a little sensational sure but you cannot fake a mountain landing on a short dirt strip 9,000 feet up.

This is a pretty rewarding job to help out these people.

Your welcome!

Do you think tail draggers are the best option for these remote airports?

Wow, thanks. Excellent series. Just started episode 3 and can't put this series down.

Your welcome!

Do you think tail draggers are the best option for these remote airports?

taildragger advantage? No. Not where those guys are going.

There used to be a Pilatus Porter on floats at Lake Hood. I'd stop what I was doing to watch that plane. I still would. That's what caught my attention with this program. The reality show BS can't diminish my attraction to the Porter.

taildragger advantage? No. Not where those guys are going.

There used to be a Pilatus Porter on floats at Lake Hood. I'd stop what I was doing to watch that plane. I still would. That's what caught my attention with this program. The reality show BS can't diminish my attraction to the Porter.

It's a pretty cool airplane with good payload and range!

Back