Word; full screen

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am trying to make a document wider, so that it fills the entire screen without the gray edges as such:
This is in View>Full Screen on a Word document.
Appears like this with text or pics.
Margin alterations does not seem to help.
Maybe a winxp setting?

Attachments

• BSV.JPG
    BSV.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 19
If I understand what you want,

Select menu item Format > background > Fill Effects > Picture > Select Picture

However, if you do this, the picture does not print on printer. If you want it printed, use watermark. Both of these methods put the same picture on every page. I don't know of a way to widen the Word page all the way to the edge.

Last edited:
Well, you can go to file>page setup>paper size>custom size. In Word I can't think of anything else. Except if you adjust your zoom settings to something large that zoom setting will be retained in the ful screen view.

Is Word the right tool for whatever job you are trying to accomplish?

Last edited:
Pressing F11 in most Microsoft products will do this for you. I don't know if that's different from choosing full screen through the menu, however.

Pressing F11 in most Microsoft products will do this for you. I don't know if that's different from choosing full screen through the menu, however.
<F11>, 'theater mode' is different from choosing full screen. However, Word doesn't process <F11>.

If I am reading him correctly, he doesn't need help reaching full screen mode, but rather how to get a document to fill the entire screen in full screen mode. You can zoom or change the size of the document and that is about it - and you have to do either/both before you enter full screen mode IIRC.

in Word 2007 there is an option under View called "Web Layout" .

That might do what you want.

From the image you show it just looks like you are not zoomed in on the page. In earlier versions of Word you might try a combination of View/ Zoom and Normal layout (not Print View) along with re-sizing your image.

I am trying to make a document wider, so that it fills the entire screen without the gray edges as such:
This is in View>Full Screen on a Word document.
Appears like this with text or pics.
Margin alterations does not seem to help.
Maybe a winxp setting?

Last edited:
Back