Woman arrested - "I'm a Free Inhabitant!"

overdrive148

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
overdrive148
Maximum respect to the cop that had to deal with this woman. Patience of a saint.

"I have all the rights of a US citizen except we don't have to follow any of the laws" :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Did this moron actually post the video herself?

Thanks. This made my day!

Cut'n past from original Reddit post...

So this lady tried citing the Articles of Confederation, which made her a "free inhabitant", which she claims gives her all the rights of a US citizen without having to follow any US laws.
Yes, she does really say that.
Clearly, she is unaware that the Articles of Confederation were superseded by the US constitution. She is also unaware that "free inhabitant" is literally referencing people who are not slaves, not some sort of protected super-class of people. She is also unaware that the Articles of Confederation are not part of US code. She is, finally, also unaware of the definition of rape.
Honestly, I kind of feel bad for people like this. Someone lied to these people like crazy and got away with their money. It's a good scam when you think about it. Take people's money with some bull**** pseudo-intellectual legalese, then allow these people to get arrested by the government, then profit off of it further when they get mad about the arrest. The government can't come after you when you force the government to keep arresting your victims. I wonder if there would be a way to charge these people with illegally giving legal advice without being an attorney.
Good additional post by /u/Markshlaf about Article 4 of the AoC:
According to this University of Chicago website Article IV in verbatim is: "The better to secure and perpetuate mutual friendship and intercourse among the people of the different states in this union, the free inhabitants of each of these states, paupers, vagabonds and fugitives from justice excepted, shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of free citizens in the several states; and the people of each state shall have free ingress and regress to and from any other state, and shall enjoy therein all the privileges of trade and commerce, subject to the same duties, impositions and restrictions as the inhabitants thereof respectively, provided that such restriction shall not extend so far as to prevent the removal of property imported into any state, to any other state, of which the Owner is an inhabitant; provided also that no imposition, duties or restriction shall be laid by any state, on the property of the united states, or either of them.".
To better understand this Article I decided to look up what a "free inhabitant" was, and according to this Official USA Census website a "free inhabitant" was simply a free person, AKA a person that was not a slave. Therefore, Article IV basically says that free inhabitants, who were not homeless (vagabonds), extremely poor so as to be on state welfare (paupers), or criminals, could travel freely between the several states and be protected in each as if they were a citizen of that state. The catch is that this protection came with a duty to follow the laws of that state (eg needing a driving licence in order to drive in California). In conclusion, Article IV's goal was to allow the free people of the several states to move freely between the states, so as to "perpetuate mutual friendship and intercourse" (giggity).
TL;DR the girl in this video is stupid and doesn't know what she's saying.

Hell yeah. She might be on to something - We don't need stinkin' medicals! We don't need no Pilots Bill of Rights!

I can't fault people on their irritation about being searched if they really haven't done anything wrong but I see these videos all the time.... sometimes it's these "sovereign citizen" types, sometimes it's just an angry or frightened black person but they always go the same way. Cop calmly asking someone to just get out of the car and show some ID, person refusing.... back and forth for a few minutes until the cop resorts to some sort of force to get compliance.

The person seems surprised when they get drug out of the car or tazed or whatever. It always leaves me wondering, were they expecting some other outcome? Is there an urban legend out there about cops getting frustrated and just walking away? Sometimes people defend the idiot in the car.... again what other outcome where they expecting here?

Hey, sometimes cops do violate people's rights, it happens. You can take them to court later, when has anyone ever come out ahead being stand-offish with the police like that?

I can't fault people on their irritation about being searched if they really haven't done anything wrong but I see these videos all the time.... sometimes it's these "sovereign citizen" types, sometimes it's just an angry or frightened black person but they always go the same way. Cop calmly asking someone to just get out of the car and show some ID, person refusing.... back and forth for a few minutes until the cop resorts to some sort of force to get compliance.

The person seems surprised when they get drug out of the car or tazed or whatever. It always leaves me wondering, were they expecting some other outcome? Is there an urban legend out there about cops getting frustrated and just walking away? Sometimes people defend the idiot in the car.... again what other outcome where they expecting here?

Hey, sometimes cops do violate people's rights, it happens. You can take them to court later, when has anyone ever come out ahead being stand-offish with the police like that?

I agree and not to get too political in regards to some events over the last year or so but if the individuals who have been injured or killed by the cops in those events would have been more compliant and respectful and did not try to run away, drive off or assault the cop; things would have gone much better for them. They would not have been beaten, tazed or shot. Do I think some of the cops reacted poorly and maybe were not well suited for the job? Absolutely but at the same time the situations were confrontational in nature and those sort of situations can lead anywhere, that is why both parties need to remain calm. The onus is not 100% on the cops.

Ahhh you gotta love dealing with the 'sovereign citizens'. Its like arguing with a spoon.

Somewhere, somehow, some folks have got the idea that you do not have to obey a police officers legal request.

As for me, I am going to do what the nice man with a gun wants me to do.

Sovereign citizens don't have to pay the IRS, either. Wesley Snipes knows how well that works.

Somewhere, somehow, some folks have got the idea that you do not have to obey a police officers legal request.

No doubt but it goes beyond the fact he has a gun. A cop is a representative of our justice system and represents law and order. Even if the cop himself seems to be a dirt bag, you need to respect what he represents and comply with his requests. Later, upon consultation with an attorney you can pursue whatever remedy fits.

No doubt but it goes beyond the fact he has a gun. A cop is a representative of our justice system and represents law and order. Even if the cop himself seems to be a dirt bag, you need to respect what he represents and comply with his requests. Later, upon consultation with an attorney you can pursue whatever remedy fits.

Well said. Thank you.

When a cop says get out of the car a smart person will comply. No is most definetly the wrong answer, you are getting out of the car !!!!!!. Funny I have been stopped many times by the police over the years and not once have I been treated poorly. Respect gets respect. The world seems to be overflowing with stupid people.

FREE INHABITANTS.

"Free inhabitants believe they are free to do whatever they want in the world without following the laws of the land. So this includes things like not having a driver's license, not getting any license plates, etc. They get this idea from taking one part of the article of confederation and basically generalizing them to include everything else so they can say they are a person of the land and thus, don't have to follow the laws. The U.S. doesn't recognize this as having any legitimacy. About the only people that do are the "free inhabitants" themselves."

Just another day in the life. Calm, effective, promote now!
The officer's handling of the situation is a refreshing contrast to the officer in the Sandra Bland video.

Very professional and outstanding job. I think I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face.

The officer's handling of the situation is a refreshing contrast to the officer in the Sandra Bland video.

Very professional and outstanding job. I think I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face.

But even Sandra Bland was belligerent and caused the situation to escalate and then she killed herself. Hard to place blame on the cop for that.

Sandra Bland certainly didn't help herself, but that doesn't change the fact that the arresting officer in that case was unprofessional and clearly looking for a fight.

My point is that the contrast between the two officers' handling of the situation shows how much more effective an officer can be of they keep their cool and don't try to pick a fight.

I love how the officer even responds to her claim that they have all the rights and none of the rules, "that would be anarchy". Even entertains her outlandish claims while keeping control of the situation.:D

Ahhh you gotta love dealing with the 'sovereign citizens'. Its like arguing with a spoon.

This "sovereign citizen" stuff is new to me. I think road blocks and DUI checkpoints are unconstitutional and hope I would have the stones to peacefully resist unconstitutional requests, but this chick is bat**** crazy. The LEO did well.

My mama taught me that you can get more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word.:yes:

Jesus H Effin' Xrist, California has the craziest bit*hes of them all. Retards and sh*theads unite! :D
I am pleased with the officer's unbelievable patience, kudos to him. I would have probably tazed her stupid a**. My brain HURTS from listening to the feces that spews out of her mouth. I just had to stop the video, she is above my capability to tolerate idiots. Wow.

Worst part of this all? People like this are FREE to drive, vote and reproduce. We are doomed. :(

Some deserve execution by LEO. This is one of those who earned that right. Kudos to the cop for showing immense restraint.

Watched the compilation... all I can say is "I do not consent"

hahahahahahhahaha!

Just think ,no medical,no pilots license,no rules,just fly wherever you want. This free inhabitant stuff could catch on.

Sovereign Citizen ≈ Slobbering Cretin

Ben, I have one word for you; "Joinder"

The term "free inhabitant" here means little more than not a (black) slave. The Articles were pretty much dead before the Constitutional Convention even started. The fact that they hold no post-Constitution meaning has pretty much been settled long ago.

It's idiots like this are one of the reasons I could never be a cop. I'd be constantly locking people up for being stupid.

This whole thing got me to thinking.

At what point does one agree to be bound by the laws set forth by wherever you are. When you get a drivers license you sign something that says you agree to obey the traffic laws and everything that goes with it. When you get a concealed permit you sign something stating you will obey all the laws.

When someone is born they don't sign anything stating they will obey all the laws of the country or state. Why are they bound by something they never agreed to?

Back