Wittman W10 Tailwind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting there lol. I am hoping to build it in a few months. The fasted build time for one is 2 years

if the rest of the structure is built as easily as the ribs, i can imagine the structure being done in a matter of months, especially if you dont worry too much about school and have all the supplies and tools available.

having the structure done is a long way from having the airplane built though :)

Wow! That is awesome!! I would love to do a wood structure or tube-and-fabric plane someday.

Just remember the rule of homebuilding: When you have 90% done, you only have 90% left to do. :)

Keep going, brother, keep going.

You have a bunch of people building vicariously through your reports. Can't wait to see the finished product. Don't forget to do your homework, though!!:smile:

dang - all this talk about ribs is making me hungry ... need to fire up the smoker tomorrow for some babybacks!

Guys, before you get to wrapped up in anything Seth Jackson AKA NightFlyer172 posts, you might want to take a look at the following threads on RC Groups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144752&highlight=seth+jackson

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091221

He has created more shill accounts than you would ever believe, and has consistently misled people for quite some time..

His list of claims include that his mother passed away, that he was the CEO of Cessna, that he has built 24 Vans RV aircraft, He claimed to be Danny King, as well as to be good friends with Doug Reeves, of VansAirForce fame, not to mention countless other fibs and fabrications.

Has has scammed RCG members several times, and should be treated with extreme caution.

Don't get drawn into his fantasy world....

Average-Joe

HHmmmm. Two ribs built as of the 8th, a week later the complete stack with alot of other parts too. Seems a bit aggressive for a straght A student with all the homework and other activities... I could be wrong though.:yesnod:

Last edited:
EDIT, Sorry I didnt see that someone had let you know about him on the last page, but yes its all true, about him scamming.

Guys, this kid has been lying and trying to scam on RCgroups.com for a long time now. Check out these threads below that I created to try to keep track of and untangle the web of lies that he has woven. Keep an eye out for him on every single airplane related forum that you know of because he has been found on almost all of them.

There is some truth to what he is saying because he has posted a few pictures of the plane he thinks he's going but this kid has issues. He makes up these little lies and 1/10 truths to impress people and gain friends. DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY, PARTS, TOOLS, OR ANYTHING ELSE.

I joined this site just to let you know, thanks for your time.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091221

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144752

Last edited:
A wanna be, keyboard pilot/student and professional BS'er ??????

Off with his head.:eek::yikes::yesnod:

If I have to guess, he will come on here and start dropping obscenities saying things like "go ____ a _____" , or "____ you"

If that happens I am sure the moderators will give him the "Permenant Iggy"..:yesnod::yesnod::rofl:

That RC-Groups link ties him in with another alias.. Jason... helicopters... could it be? (nahhhh) Remember, from Addison (also North Texas). Hmmm... but I've talked with this kid on the phone, and have his cell number, and have been invited to his home to see his project. Might have to take him up on it and see wuzzup.

Last edited:
There is usually some truth in what he says but a lot of it is lies. His family does actually live on an airport and his dad owns at least one plane. He may have plans and even some building materials for this airplane. He has posted a picture of his wing jig on RCG. But then he goes and lies about completing all of the ribs by stealing a picture off of another website. He seems to really get a kick out of having people praise him on these forums.

Here is the link to his dad's plane's registration, maybe some of you know him?

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N810RG

If you have any other information about him let me know. We are basically in a pattern of catching him every time he shows up and then having the moderators ban him before he can start scamming people again.

Last edited:
I agree; I did a reverse lookup on the phone number he called me from, and it maps to the home phone number for his parents, in the city he said he's from, and the home address is at the airfield he said he lives at in this thread, and what he told me on the phone. I'm not sure what exaggerations he's made here or at other sites, but braggadocio is not a quality totally foreign to either teenagers or pilots. ;)

Well if bragging was all he was guilty of then I wouldnt be here. His biggest offenses were claiming to be selling cut foam RC airplane kits for pretty low prices. He got one or two bites on that and the kits that he delivered were a joke. He still needs to refund the money for at least one of the "kits" he sold.

Additionally he has plagarized plans for other RC airplanes by claiming them as his own and offering them for sale. To my knowlege no on bought it.

Other than that he is basically full of **** but thats not neccessarily a crime. I just want to give any other website we find him on a fair warning.

there may be some truth to all of this. The photo of the ribs was pulled off of a construction blog from someone in KS

http://nx770cg.com

http://nx770cg.com/NextProjectTailwind.html

Hmmm. You're right. He even just pasted in the URL for that picture. His post, with the picture of the ribs "he made", looks like this in the HTML, plagiaristically stolen from that other guy's project / web page and attributed as his own work:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot030.jpg
    ScreenShot030.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Here's Seth:

Seth's dad, Jeff, posted on the tailwind forums about a year ago about the Tailwind project, with the C180 N-number from the video as his tagline:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TailwindForum/messages/23485?xm=1&m=e&l=1

Dad's email address is there for the writing to, if any of those who purport to have been scammed need to take it that far... of course, those folks also have Dad's home phone number...

Last edited:
Sigh.

The internet. Force for good. Force for evil.

Great parenting.

Sigh.

The internet. Force for good. Force for evil.

Great parenting.

His P's may not know what he's up to... but they should.
He needs to be straightened out on all this lying stuff. He obviously hasn't figured out yet that he will lose far more friends than he gains by putting everybody on.
He's already lost a few here... :frown2:

hey guys. sorry that i havnt been on. i have been busy. my dad and i flew out to hicks airport this morning to talk to some friends. we all might be going to the gastons flyin this year. we just have to get ready for thanksgiving. we are having alot of family over. happy thanksgiving everyone!

i apologize to everyone that i hurt on this forum. i know i made a stupid decesion. i now know that it is not a good way to make friends. i apologize to everyone especially tangowhisky

i apologize to everyone that i hurt on this forum. i know i made a stupid decesion. i now know that it is not a good way to make friends. i apologize to everyone especially tangowhisky

decesion huh ???? Not bad for a straight A student.:rofl::rofl::nono::nonod::sleep:

This future generation will screw up the works faster then the politicians.:yesnod:

see? that's the problem with lying over and over and over again. When you DO apologize, no-one believes you actually mean it. And they're right to doubt you. :rolleyes:

PROGRESS IS COMING ALONG. 1 MORE WEEK OF SCHOOL UNTIL 2 WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS BREAK!! I HAVE A FEELING THAT I MIGHT GET SOME MORE SUPPLIES TO MAKE SOME RIBS.

Hes the biggest little liar Alot of us have ever seen!I am surprised the owners of this forum have not banned him from it.To think even after all this he still tries to convince you guys he is building a plane is crazy!
He has scammed money from guys on RC Groups,do not let him scam anybody here!!:nono:

The boy has some growing up to do, and so do you. Leave him alone. I have faith the people here will keep an eye on his behavior. Your work is done.

Seth, any more lies (not even a white one) and I'll personally take away your birthday.

Last edited:
Seth, you can make friends who will last a lifetime, but they have to be able to trust you. You build that trust one day, one deed, at a time.

You'll find some of the most giving, kind-hearted and caring people imaginable right here - I have - but you must not abuse that responsibility.

I hope you and your dad can come to Gaston's, where you can see just what genuine camaraderie can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back