Wisconsin Airport Opinion

MyassisDragon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mr Fred
I am picking up a relative next week for a few days who lives the same distance from Waukesha County ( KUES ) as she does Timmerman ( KMWC ).

This will be a quick turn for pickup only so I wont need fuel (but could if it waives a landing fee) Also she will be leaving her car for a few days in the lot.

Any opinions?

Last edited:
Are your only choices those 2 airports? I like Timmerman better, but that's just my opinion. I've never gotten fuel at either of those places, but when I was looking for a hangar, the people over at Gran-Aire were really nice people.

Last edited:
Are your only choices those 2 airports?

Not necessarily, I could land at capitol, but since we are on a semi-loose schedule (within a day) I would like to land at something with IAP to increase the chances of getting her back to her car.

She is about 15-20 minutes from each and I would land at KMKE but I heard Signature was $50 to land so this would be an extra $100 for both trips, ouch. But I haven't called to confirm yet.

Not necessarily, I could land at capitol, but since we are on a semi-loose schedule (within a day) I would like to land at something with IAP to increase the chances of getting her back to her car.

She is about 15-20 minutes from each and I would land at KMKE but I heard Signature was $50 to land so this would be an extra $100 for both trips, ouch. But I haven't called to confirm yet.

Keep the $100 and go to Timmerman.

http://www.flymilwaukee.com/fbo.asp

Depending on what type of equipment you have it may or may not matter that KUES has an ILS and KMWC does not. Otherwise, they're both good local airports. Gran-Aire at KMWC (where I'm based) has always been great and my (limited) dealings with Spring City Aviation at KUES have been great as well.

For what it's worth, 100LL.com has fuel 30 cents cheaper at KMWC (5.79 vs 6.09). I think both do have landing fees, but waive them if buying more than a certain amount of fuel (dependent on aircraft size, I think).

Is it safe to assume you are flying something larger than a light single? Fifty is more than I'd expect to see almost anywhere.

MKE is expensive. Almost $9 a gallon for 100LL. :(

Let me guess - single supplier?

The day (and I mean the DAY) that SS fuel was installed at DVT, both incumbent FBOs dropped their 100LL by a full dollar.

UES charged me $60 for parking on their ramp for 3 hours even though I bought some gas (I took on 2 gal less than their minimum to waive the fee because I was unaware of both the fee and the minimum). To their credit they did refund the fee when I called and complained.

Every experience I've had at Timmerman has been good.

Looks like tinnerman it is...thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KUES is my home airport, but Atlantic Aviation is very unfriendly to piston GA aircraft. They will stick you with a ramp fee uses you buy fuel.

One of my partners picked me up at KUES to go to the Jet Room in Madison. They wouldn't waive the ramp fee, even though he wasn't even shutting down, so I had to meet the plane on the other side of the field at an A&P shop.

The airport manager is trying to get Atlantic to lighten up, but no progress yet.

Go to Timmerman. Good people there.

Quick follow up..
Landed at timerman easy hand off from Milwaukee app to timerman tower. People there were real nice, easy field in and out of...and only $5 landing fee since I did not need fuel....

Thanks for the recommendation

Signature waives the fee if you fill up, but fuel prices are not cheap. Do they live north of MKE?

I like UES, ENW in the south. Where exactly does she live?

Quick follow up..
Landed at timerman easy hand off from Milwaukee app to timerman tower. People there were real nice, easy field in and out of...and only $5 landing fee since I did not need fuel....

Thanks for the recommendation

Glad to hear it went well. Did they mention how much fuel you need to take on to waive the fee? (I'm based there, so have never paid a ramp fee but it'd be nice to know for future reference when asked.)

The airport manager is trying to get Atlantic to lighten up, but no progress yet.

Good luck to the airport manager. Atlantic is like that everywhere. In our company we have standing orders to never go to Atlantic.

Glad to hear it went well. Did they mention how much fuel you need to take on to waive the fee? (I'm based there, so have never paid a ramp fee but it'd be nice to know for future reference when asked.)

I never asked since I did not need fuel and did not want to take on more weight. But I brought my sister back today and mke approach and tinnerman tower were near the top of my list for friendly and easy to work with....we will be back.

Back