WingX offer... free SV for 1 year

Scrabo

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Scrabo
WingX offer... mine is set to expire this weekend so the timing is good :)

Hilton is running a special thru Sunday, new or renew your sub and get SV for 1 year.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

You need to purchase a new WingX Pro7 subscription between now and Sunday (June 2, 2013) - this includes new users or a WingX Pro7 subscription renewal, and includes the three-year subscription; i.e. the $99/yr or $199/3yr subscriptions. Note: If you renew your subscription before your current subscription has expired, the new subscription is added to the end of your current subscription; i.e. you do not 'lose time' because of overlap.

Last edited:
$199 for three years is a good deal. Throw in the Synth Vision for free and it becomes an awesome deal. I already have the full WingX package. If not I would be jumping on this.

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger on the 3 year deal

Since we must send in the apple store receipt to take advantage of this, how can do you "force" the Apple store to send this right away?

Usually it takes 12-18 hours before I see the email receipt. I want to take advantage of this deal now, but I don't want to miss out if the receipt showss up on the regular schedule.

Is the three year subscription = 3 years of SV also?

"We usually don't run 'specials', but we are running a special through Sunday (June 2, 2013, all day
Buy now, get one year of Synthetic Vision free ($100 value)!"

"You need to purchase a new WingX Pro7 subscription between now and Sunday (June 2, 2013, all day) - this includes new users or a WingX Pro7 subscription renewal, and includes the three-year subscription; i.e. the $99/yr or $199/3yr subscriptions"

I was halfway through my 30day trial, so I pulled the trigger on the 3yr deal;)

Last edited:
I did the 3 year. I am being given the option for the SV. I will see what they send me or contact customer support for the SV.

I made my purchase about thhe same time as my post above... didn't have the the actual iTunes Store receipt yet, but sent a screen shot of the purchase. We'll see if Hilton honors the deal.

Sent an email to the WX support team about my query. Their response
the receipt only has to be in by next Sunday.

Thanks,

Support Team​

and checking their website (upper right corner of home page) supports this info:
SV Special: Expired
Send your Apple receipts before
midnight Sunday ET (6/9/2013)
No exceptions
We have processed about 20% of the accounts
We appreciated your patience..​

I emailed support at 2:18 and they emailed me at 3:10 that it was active.

$199 for three years is a good deal. Throw in the Synth Vision for free and it becomes an awesome deal. I already have the full WingX package. If not I would be jumping on this.

That is a good deal, this may be the push I needed to finally decide on Foreflight/Garmin/WingX.

Edit:
bah, looks like I missed the SV deal, regardless though $199/3yrs is a steal compared to the competition.

Last edited:
That is a good deal, this may be the push I needed to finally decide on Foreflight/Garmin/WingX.

Edit:
bah, looks like I missed the SV deal, regardless though $199/3yrs is a steal compared to the competition.
I bet if you send an e-mail to Hilton Software you might be able to talk them into the deal even though you might be a little late. It's worth a try anyway.

$299 for three years is ok. But then it is another $74.99 for "Viewing your aircraft on an approach chart. Is that for one year or 3 years? And the same question for the $29.95 Fuel prices subscription. Plus a $100/year for synthetic vision since I missed the special. If I have this right, that is about $915/3 yrs or $305/year, twice what ForeFlight costs and that is if you get the 3 year discount. Is WingX twice as good as Foreflight?

Where did you get $299 for three years - the OP shows $199 for three years.
oops. You are right, I had a brain fart. But I think I got the other numbers right so it is still over $800/3 years or about $270 per yr/ vs Foreflight at $150/yr.
I'm not complaining about the price. If it is worth it I will pay it. WingX does have some nice features. I was just wondering if people think it is substantially better than ForeFlight.

$299 for three years is ok. But then it is another $74.99 for "Viewing your aircraft on an approach chart. Is that for one year or 3 years? And the same question for the $29.95 Fuel prices subscription. Plus a $100/year for synthetic vision since I missed the special. If I have this right, that is about $915/3 yrs or $305/year, twice what ForeFlight costs and that is if you get the 3 year discount. Is WingX twice as good as Foreflight?
First off, I don't think ForeFlight even has synthetic vision nor does it have split screen capability. To get geo-referenced plates in ForeFlight you have to purchase the Pro Edition which is $150. If you get the three year subscription to WingX that works out to $67 a year rounded up and comes with geo-referenced airport diagrams, plus $75 for the geo-plates, plus $30 for gas prices for a total of $172. So you should be comparing $172 for WingX versus $150 for ForeFlight for everything other than Synth Vision.

Ok, that doesn't sound so bad.
With WingX, do you still get geo-referenced airport diagrams? I wasn't sure about that?
And does WingX provide the extended runway feature on the VFR maps?

First off, I don't think ForeFlight even has synthetic vision nor does it have split screen capability. To get geo-referenced plates in ForeFlight you have to purchase the Pro Edition which is $150. If you get the three year subscription to WingX that works out to $67 a year rounded up and comes with geo-referenced airport diagrams, plus $75 for the geo-plates, plus $30 for gas prices for a total of $172. So you should be comparing $172 for WingX versus $150 for ForeFlight for everything other than Synth Vision.

Ok, that doesn't sound so bad.
With WingX, do you still get geo-referenced airport diagrams? I wasn't sure about that?
And does WingX provide the extended runway feature on the VFR maps?

Yes, the base WingX program comes with geo-referenced airport diagrams for towered airports. WingX does have an extended runway feature that can be adjusted for 0 to 19 miles. I usually keep mine set at 5 mile extension. The extended runways also shows you whether it is a left or right landing pattern and has the heading number at the end of the runway. It is a neat feature. Tuesday morning when I was flying to work, I had to divert to a nearby airport that I had not landed at before. Within seconds I knew the runway orientation, pattern and in two clicks had the radio frequency I needed. Glad I didn't have to pull out paper.

Last edited:
Ok, that takes care of that.
Tonight I have to decide whether to renew ForeFlight or go with WingX.
Right now, WingX is leading, but I wish I didn't miss out on the SV offer.

Yes, the base WingX program comes with geo-referenced airport diagrams for towered airports. WingX does have an extended runway feature that can be adjusted for 0 to 19 miles. I usually keep mine set at 5 mile extension. The extended runways also shows you whether it is a left or right landing pattern and has the heading number at the end of the runway. It is a neat feature. Tuesday morning when I was flying to work, I had to divert to a nearby airport that I had not landed at before. Within seconds I knew the runway orientation, pattern and in two clicks had the radio frequency I needed. Glad I didn't have to pull out paper.

Ok, that takes care of that.
Tonight I have to decide whether to renew ForeFlight or go with WingX.
Right now, WingX is leading, but I wish I didn't miss out on the SV offer.

FF still has value. There are a few items it does a bit better than WingX.

I'm finding FF does a really good job on the ground for preparation.

But for in-flight usage, WingX has the current edge.

Head over to Hilton Software's youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/HiltonSoftware/videos). There are about 45-60 minutes worth that explain the basics. This is an excellent tutorial in the moving map features.

One last question ( I think). Can I use my Wingx subscription on more than one device without logging off one of them first? I didn't see that in the App Store.

One last question ( I think). Can I use my Wingx subscription on more than one device without logging off one of them first? I didn't see that in the App Store.

Yep. I do it all the time.

Back