Wingx new version 8.1

Scrabo

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Scrabo
WingX 8.1 is finally out with the new replay function

Downloaded it earlier this morning. I'm looking forward to trying out the new 'Rewind' blackbox feature on my flight home from work this afternoon.

Nice to see the WingX mad scientists haven't fallen off of the earth :lol:

I had a chance to try out the new 'BlackBox' feature tonight flying home from work. It is prerty awesome. I love it. I have attached a screen capture made while I was playing back my flight after supper. There is a lot of flexibility in how you configure the screen using split screen options. Even though this screen is jamb packed with data, I captured the picture this way so you can see a sample of both the chart and AHRS driven synthvision. It would be nice if the player had a 2x, 5x and 10x speed option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
This new 'BlackBox' feature is really intriguing. It also has a 'tap and hold' feature where you can drag the slider through the graphical depiction of the flight and start the playback at any point. While dragging the start line through the flight it displays the flight altitude, ground altitude and ground speed at the top of the line.

My curiosity gets the best of me some times. I wonder if anyone knows the installed base numbers for Foreflight, WingX and the Garmin product?

Version 8.2 is now out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
Back