WingsX waypoint questions

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
1. How do I delete a user-defined waypoint? I've gone into Route Planning->Waypoints but can only add a new one. Can't delete, can't edit a waypoint.

2. I created a waypoint using lat/long. On the waypoint, it shows as correct but when I look at Moving Map->VFR Sectional, it's a bit more than 6 nm NNE of where it should be.

I've also noticed if I create a waypoint that inadvertently has the same name as an existing waypoint, there's no error/warning message and if I try to use my waypoint in a route, WingX assumes the existing waypoint. Yet when I look at the waypoint definition on Route Planning, it has my lat/long defined.

[whine on] help [whine off]

Go to "Route Planning"->"Waypoints" and just swipe your finger from left to right over it. You will see red "Delete" button.

Last edited:
Open the waypoint list and right swipe the one you want to delete

Thanks. This is why I'm not happy with the video-only user manual. I really don't want to sit thru 3 youtube videos.

Even the documentation within the application is not that detailed or clear.

I do wish there was a PDF user guide or something, the videos are OK for a very high level overview but that's it.

Documentation is one point that FF is leading on.

WX is good, but there is soooo much in there that's very useful but not that intuitive.

Some solid documentation would be of value.

Back