Wings & Wheels at Hobby (KHOU) 17 NOV 2007

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Everyone,

Well, I kinda hijacked Mike's thread about the TV show for pilots with this, so I decided to instead make a separate thread about it.

On Saturday, November 17, 2007 The 1940 Air Terminal Museum at William P. Hobby Airport (KHOU) will be hosting its monthly Wings & Wheels event again, this time with the theme of "HobbyFest". This is to be one of our largest WWS events yet, as we are inviting not just the flying public, but the local community to come out to the West Ramp of Hobby Airport to check out what we're all about. Featured on this day will be the B-17 and B-25 from the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston, TX, which will be present to hop rides from our ramp. On static display will be a SkyRaider, a Huey, an AC-47, a Beech Staggerwing, a Lockheed Lodestar, and our beautiful raffle plane - a 1947 Cessna 140 that can be yours if the ticket you get with a $50.00 donation is the winner. We will only be selling a maximum of 2500 tickets, and the drawing will be at the July 2008 Wings & Wheels event, or the next Wings & Wheels event after we get rid of all 2500 tickets. Also at this event will be the Continental Airlines BBQ team with their Boeing 777 BBQ Pit. Admission is $10/adults and $5/children 12 and under (fly-in visitors get a 50% discount), which is good for access to the museum, static aircraft displays, and lunch (bomber rides are extra). So, if you're looking for a Saturday flying destination, come on in to Hobby Airport, one of the most GA-friendly class B airports in the country!

See the attached flyer for more info.

Attachments

• hobbyfest1.pdf
    248.7 KB · Views: 4
Folks, gilding the lily here, but if you have not seen this museum, you have to make the time to do so. It's a gem - and exists by virtue of the hard work and dedication of folks like... PJ!

Save your dreams of the 140, though- it's mine! :D

Back