Wings Over Waukesha Airshow! August 24 & 25, 2013

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
Have an AirVenture hangover? Need some hair of the dog that bit ya?

Come fly in or drive in to a great and growing air show that's only 58nm south of KOSH! Two great days of affordable family fun. On Sunday the Waukesha Aviation Club is hosting a pancake breakfast from 9 to noon.

Gene Soucy and other great acts will be here, including jet demonstrations.

I'm chairman of the static display area, so if you fly in or drive in, ask for Stan with the static displays. We will be wearing red and white Wings over Waukesha polos.

http://www.wingsoverwaukesha.com/

Bump!

Anyone flying in to Wings Over Waukesha gets in free!

Shared some stories with performer Greg Koontz tonight. What a cool guy.

A bunch of us were up in Waukesha yesterday evening for dinner because Mike and Elisabeth Daniels are in town. Nice airport!

A bunch of us were up in Waukesha yesterday evening for dinner because Mike and Elisabeth Daniels are in town. Nice airport!

First time at the airport? It is a nice one. It really could use an on-field restaurant, but otherwise I like it.

WOW was a great event.

I had a Hawker Sea Fury on my static ramp. It's a huge, beautiful plane that has raced at Reno in the past. Anyway, I thought the pilot was going to depart on Monday, but as we were doing tear-down on Sunday evening, I could hear what may have been a fuel pump from the Sea Fury.

I drove my golf cart over to the plane, and could see the pilot was going through his checklist. Then I noticed that we still had a J-4 Cub about 125' behind the Sea Fury. The J-4 was only chocked, and I thought that this could turn out poorly. So I grabbed a hold of the strut, and held on as the Sea Fury fired up. I'm glad I did. That baby rocked and rolled with the Sea Fury's prop wash. Fortunately, the owner and three other guys came over to hold on as well.

No harm, no foul, but I gained a new respect for the power of that awesome British aircraft.

It is a nice airport. Is the FBO still charging landing fees to just stop and pee?

Yes, though they've decreased them to $20 for a piston single. Not bad, for Atlantic. They're finally cheaper than the $ignature across town.

We didn't have a fee at KUES. Of course, we'd only flown 30 min and the lineman attested that we couldn't take any fuel. I'm not sure whether to attribute the waiving of the fee to the lineman or my own smiling face and pleasant demeanor!

I think if you park in the south tie down ramp (near SkyCom) you can walk into the Terminal without abuse by Atlantic.

Back