Wings of Hope Free PPL Free PLANE!

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
I think this cause is great! Once I get my PPL and hopefully a plane I'd like to help out when I can with emergencies, my brother in law is a volunteer first aid, fireman, water rescue and its really great! I know I will need a bunch of hours to volunteer but I think I will when I can. If you havent bought a ticket or 3 or 6 you should do what you can do.. I looked up this cause and they seem to be legit and seems like a great charity and really help people in need. See what you can do and I mean look at this raffle its a no brainer if you win! :yes:

How about some links to whatever raffle you're talking about?

I used to volunteer at Wings of Hope headquarters in St. Louis, at KSUS. That was before I was a certified pilot, and I just helped with A/C MX, running the simulators, maintaining the computer system, and some landscaping. They are a good company that does a lot of great work. (Some things I don't personally agree with tho, but I'm not gonna get into that here.) IIRC, they want at least a commercial certificate to even fly their planes, and an instrument rating to do any longer flights. (Again, that was a while ago and could have changed.) I'm moving back to St. Louis after I graduate in a month, and plan on volunteering for pilot duties there. While donations are still great, from what I've seen, I prefer to volunteer instead so I have a bit of control over where/what my contributions go towards.

There are about 13 "wings of hope" in the U.S. but the one we're talking about here is www.wings-of-hope.org It's a nonprofit that locates medical treatment for seriously ill kids who can't fly commercial and then transports them to and from that medical facility at no charge to them, to the taxpayers, or any church or govt. They also function with overseas bases working with indigent tribes,etc. to enable them to become self-sufficient amid deforestation, urban crawl, etc.....kinda like the Peace Corp. but with airplanes. It's the largest aviation charity in the U.S. and possibly the world. The current raffle just closed and a drawing date will be announced soon. Another raffle is tentatively scheduled to start next April or May.

Back