WINGS FLYBQ 2012

Discussion in 'Annual Wings Fly B Q' started by AdamZ, Mar 25, 2012.

1. EdFred

EdFred Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display name:
    -
    It's always been the 3rd weekend in May. Always.

2. wsuffa

wsuffa Touchdown! Greaser!

Display name:
    Bill S.
    I'm just hoping that the shop can find an exhaust valve for my plane... soon...

3. Anthony

Anthony Touchdown! Greaser!

Display name:
    Anthony
    Bill,

What engine do you have?

4. wsuffa

Display name:
    Bill S.
    TO360-C1A6D

5. Anthony

Display name:
    Anthony
    Ohhhhhh. Much easier task with an O-360, or IO-360, thought you had the latter. :(

Hope you find one.

6. HPNPilot1200

HPNPilot1200 En-Route

Display name:
    Jason
    Name.........................#people......Tail #/Type.............HomeField........Dates.....Hotel
    Grant.&.Leslie.&.CFI...........3 ........N1074W/BE33................1C5 ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Ed Frederick ..................1 ........N727DS(maybe, maybe not)...9D9 ...........?-?.......nyet
    Gary Mascelli..................1 ........N6708R.....................KILG. .........Sat.......no
    Missa..........................1 ........????.......................KIPT. .........Sat/Sun...Yes - share?
    Gary...........................1.........N9765W... .................KUKT...........Fri-Sat...No
    Tim............................1.........VAN...... .................KIAD...........Fri-Sat...??
    Nick/Brianna/Tyler.............3.........N4369R/C172................KEXX...........Fri/Sat...Yes
    Anthony & Jennifer.............1.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
    Bill S.........................1.........TBD........... .... .......KHEF...........TBD.......TBD (Tenative at this point, still some things to be resolved)
    Flyersfan31....................1.........3129S or van...............N51............Fri/Sat...no
    Adam/Jeanine...................2.........N20KM/TB21.................LWM ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Peggy&Don......................2........ N4307R/C-172...............KBDR...........Sat.......no
    Matt............1maybe2.........TBD.........GAI... ........Fri-Sun.........holiday inn!!!
    Mike, Laura&Ben.....2 1/10........N8889E/PA28-181.....KBQR.........Sat-Sun.......Hotel TBD last minute
    Jason...........................1...........N5756W/M20K................KOXC...........Sat...........No

7. steingar

steingar Touchdown! Greaser!

Display name:
    steingar
    Name.........................#people......Tail #/Type.............HomeField........Dates.....Hotel
    Grant.&.Leslie.&.CFI...........3 ........N1074W/BE33................1C5 ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Ed Frederick ..................1 ........N727DS(maybe, maybe not)...9D9 ...........?-?.......nyet
    Gary Mascelli..................1 ........N6708R.....................KILG. .........Sat.......no
    Missa..........................1 ........????.......................KIPT. .........Sat/Sun...Yes - share?
    Gary...........................1.........N9765W... .................KUKT...........Fri-Sat...No
    Tim............................1.........VAN...... .................KIAD...........Fri-Sat...??
    Nick/Brianna/Tyler.............3.........N4369R/C172................KEXX...........Fri/Sat...Yes
    Anthony & Jennifer.............1.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
    Bill S.........................1.........TBD........... .... .......KHEF...........TBD.......TBD (Tenative at this point, still some things to be resolved)
    Flyersfan31....................1.........3129S or van...............N51............Fri/Sat...no
    Adam/Jeanine...................2.........N20KM/TB21.................LWM ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Peggy&Don......................2........ N4307R/C-172...............KBDR...........Sat.......no
    Matt............1maybe2.........TBD.........GAI... ........Fri-Sun.........holiday inn!!!
    Mike, Laura&Ben.....2 1/10........N8889E/PA28-181.....KBQR.........Sat-Sun.......Hotel TBD last minute
    Jason...........................1...........N5756W/M20K................KOXC...........Sat...........No
    Steingar.......................2................?.........................KTZR..............Thu-Sun......Yes

8. AdamZ

AdamZ Administrator Management Council Member

Display name:
    Adam Zucker
    Heh Michael I see your at the hotel, Gave up staying at the sisters :rolleyes:

9. kimberlyanne546

kimberlyanne546 Final Approach

Display name:
    Kimberly
    Now the research begins. CEO said I could have the day off (Friday).

I may / may not stay through Monday since I will be spending so much time getting there by plane if I don't fly non-stop.

I appreciate all the offers for a ride - but - in case things don't work out that way - I want to have a back up plan for transportation. Hoping the train schedule / route is online etc.

Rental cars seem silly unless the BF comes with me. I've told him to decide tonight or tomorrow so I can buy my ticket.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO meeting Tracey, if she is going, and of course all those people I only know as little square avatars on the internet.

I'm excited!!!

10. azure

azure Final Approach

Display name:
    azure
    Jason...........................1...........N5756W/M20K................KOXC...........Sat...........N o
    Steingar.......................2................?. ........................KTZR..............Thu-Sun......Yes
    Azure.(maybe)..............1............N828JT/C177RG.........KVLL...............TBD................TBD

11. AdamZ

Display name:
    Adam Zucker

Trip Planer for the SEPTA train Get on at the Airport, pick the terminal Get off at Ambler Station or if you want to go directly to the hotel you can get off at Ft. Washington and walk about 2 blocks ( you have to switch trains at either 10th street station or Market East Total trip is about 1.2

http://www.septa.org/service/rail/

Ifin it was me I'd accept a ride.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  12. Mattl

Mattl Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    Matt
    This. ^^^^

Depending on your arrival time, Philly intl is GA friendly, if you want to get picked up there by GA plane. I don't know if I'll have a free seat, (if i do, I'm up for it) but I'm guessing that someone might, and would be willing to add PHL to their logbook.

13. kimberlyanne546

Display name:
    Kimberly
    Adam,

I would LOVE to accept a ride. Really, I would. But I am one of those "independent" types. I want to have a "back up" plan, in other words, time my flight in accordance with the train / cab / whatever - JUST IN CASE my ride cannot pick me up for whatever reason - VFR vs IFR, mechanical issues with the plane, they cancel the vacation, they decide not to get a van, etc.

I will buy my ticket before the end of the week (BF can't go) and post my schedule. If anyone would like to offer a flight or a ride I can pay the $40 landing fee or pitch in for gas money within reason.

I would be happy with a "free" ride too but it is in my nature to offer to help out.

Kimberly

PS - Another reason people might not be able to give me a ride - I couldn't get Thursday off work, only Friday (and possibly Monday). That means if I want to see everyone for the Philly Cheese Steaks on Friday night I should probably take a red-eye flight on Thursday night. Those arrive at an ungodly early hour on Friday at PHL and an idea I had was to just see if I could get an early check in to the hotel and sleep for a while, joining everyone in the afternoon.

14. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    Ok, I have tried to add myself to this list and it keeps saying that I'm "5 characters short." :mad2:
    This is my scoop:
    Tracey (hopefully).....................1..................either w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767...............KLWM or KBOS.........................Fri to Sun....................Hotel

:)

15. GMascelli

GMascelli Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    GaryM
    Added to the list.....

Jason...........................1...........N5756W/M20K................KOXC...........Sat...........N o
    Steingar.......................2................?. ........................KTZR..............Thu-Sun......Yes
    Azure.(maybe)..............1............N828JT/C177RG.........KVLL...............TBD............. ...TBD
    Tracey (hopefully)....1.....w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767.....KLWM or KBOS.......Fri to Sun........Hotel

16. Anthony

Display name:
    Anthony
    Anthony & Jennifer.............2.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
    Azure.(maybe)..............1............N828JT/C177RG.........KVLL...............TBD............. ...TBD
    Tracey (hopefully)....1.....w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767.....KLWM or KBOS.......Fri to Sun........Hotel

17. GMascelli

Display name:
    GaryM
    Anthony,

;) miss my post from 5:55?

Wake up, it's time to go to work. :D

18. AdamZ

Display name:
    Adam Zucker

ROLMAO:rofl:

19. Anthony

Display name:
    Anthony

I was correcting an incongruency in your post.

Shirley you must be joking. :D

Nobody asked you Adam.

:rofl:

20. wsuffa

Display name:
    Bill S.
    Someone needs a cup of coffee. Or two. :D

21. Anthony

Display name:
    Anthony

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

22. GMascelli

Display name:
    GaryM
    Hang in there...it gets better. :D

23. AirDC

AirDC Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    Andrew
    Anthony & Jennifer.............2.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
    Andrew + Ashley...........2...........N52126/172...............KGAI............Fri-Sun (tentative).......booked at H.I.

24. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    Thanks for adding me!

25. TMetzinger

TMetzinger Final Approach

Display name:
    Tim
    Don't cancel... We'd hate to axe you.

26. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    Axe me what? You can axe me anything. :lol:

27. Anthony

Display name:
    Anthony
    I seem to recall a few posts where some people are going to be flying into KPHL (Philly Int'l). I will be too. Can somebody give me a lift from Atlantic Aviation where I will be parking the plane?

28. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    Adam, there's a chance I might be going a day earlier to meet a friend-- if so, I'll be flying in my 767 :) But I will let you know as we get closer. If someone else needs my seat though, don't wait for me, I'd hate to hold anyone up.

And again, thank you-- I really appreciate your offer.

29. TMetzinger

Display name:
    Tim
    Yes.

I'll be coming up with ground transport on Friday Morning, and will be available on Sunday until around noon to provide pick-ups and rides.

I'll post a link to a Googledocs spreadsheet shortly where folks can post their arrival and departure times and drivers can "bid" for the trips.

30. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    I bid for shotgun!

31. EdFred

Display name:
    -
    Name.........................#people ....Tail #/Type ............HomeField ........Dates.....Hotel
    Grant.&.Leslie.&.CFI...........3 ........N1074W/BE33 ...............1C5 ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Ed Frederick ..................1 ........N727DS ....................9D9 ...........?-?.......nyet
    Gary Mascelli..................1 ........N6708R ....................KILG ..........Sat.......no
    Missa..........................1 ........?????? ....................KIPT ..........Sat/Sun...Yes - share?
    Gary...........................1 ........N9765W ....................KUKT ..........Fri-Sat...No
    Tim............................1 ........VAN .......................KIAD ..........Fri-Sat...??
    Nick/Brianna/Tyler.............3 ........N4369R/C172 ...............KEXX ..........Fri/Sat...Yes
    Anthony & Jennifer.............2 ........N28641 ....................N47 ...........Fri/Sat...No
    Bill S.........................1 ........TBD .......................KHEF ..........TBD.......TBD (Tentative at this point, still some things to be resolved)
    Flyersfan31....................1 ........3129S or van ..............N51 ...........Fri/Sat...no
    Adam/Jeanine...................2 ........N20KM/TB21 ................LWM ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Peggy&Don......................2 ........N4307R/C-172 ..............KBDR ..........Sat.......no
    Matt..........................1-2 .......TBD .......................GAI ...........Fri-Sun...holiday inn!!!
    Mike, Laura&Ben..............2 1/10 .....N8889E/PA28-181 ...........KBQR ..........Sat-Sun...Hotel TBD last minute
    Jason..........................1 ........N5756W/M20K................KOXC ..........Sat.......No
    Steingar.......................2 ..........? .......................KTZR ..........Thu-Sun...Yes
    Azure.(maybe)..................1 ........N828JT/C177RG .............KVLL ..........TBD.......TBD
    Tracey (hopefully).............1 ....w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767 ......KLWM/KBOS .....Fri-Sun...Hotel
    Andrew + Ashley................2 ........N52126/172 ................KGAI ..........Fri-Sun...booked at H.I.(tentative)

The lack of everything being NOT lined up was driving me crazy!!

32. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    We all have a little OCD don't we?

Seriously though, it looks a lot better.

33. EdFred

Display name:
    -
    With some things I'm horrible. My kitchen is another story.

34. Tracey

Tracey Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    tracey
    It's organized or messy?

35. EdFred

Display name:
    -
    It's fine till I cook. Every meal I make seems to require at least 3 pieces of cookware....then it just sits because I don't feel like cleaning after eating. How long it sits depends on when I need to use that pot or pan again. But all my spices are in alphabetical order and the food tastes good!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  36. JoeSelch

JoeSelch Pattern Altitude PoA Supporter

Display name:
    JoeSelch
    Name.........................#people ....Tail #/Type ............HomeField ........Dates.....Hotel
    Grant.&.Leslie.&.CFI...........3 ........N1074W/BE33 ...............1C5 ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Ed Frederick ..................1 ........N727DS ....................9D9 ...........?-?.......nyet
    Gary Mascelli..................1 ........N6708R ....................KILG ..........Sat.......no
    Missa..........................1 ........?????? ....................KIPT ..........Sat/Sun...Yes - share?
    Gary...........................1 ........N9765W ....................KUKT ..........Fri-Sat...No
    Tim............................1 ........VAN .......................KIAD ..........Fri-Sat...??
    Nick/Brianna/Tyler.............3 ........N4369R/C172 ...............KEXX ..........Fri/Sat...Yes
    Anthony & Jennifer.............2 ........N28641 ....................N47 ...........Fri/Sat...No
    Bill S.........................1 ........TBD .......................KHEF ..........TBD.......TBD (Tentative at this point, still some things to be resolved)
    Flyersfan31....................1 ........3129S or van ..............N51 ...........Fri/Sat...no
    Adam/Jeanine...................2 ........N20KM/TB21 ................LWM ...........Fri-Sun...yes
    Peggy&Don......................2 ........N4307R/C-172 ..............KBDR ..........Sat.......no
    Matt..........................1-2 .......TBD .......................GAI ...........Fri-Sun...holiday inn!!!
    Mike, Laura&Ben..............2 1/10 .....N8889E/PA28-181 ...........KBQR ..........Sat-Sun...Hotel TBD last minute
    Jason..........................1 ........N5756W/M20K................KOXC ..........Sat.......No
    Steingar.......................2 ..........? .......................KTZR ..........Thu-Sun...Yes
    Azure.(maybe)..................1 ........N828JT/C177RG .............KVLL ..........TBD.......TBD
    Tracey (hopefully).............1 ....w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767 ......KLWM/KBOS .....Fri-Sun...Hotel
    Andrew + Ashley................2 ........N52126/172 ................KGAI ..........Fri-Sun...booked at H.I.(tentative)
    JoeSelch.......................1.........N5538B/SYY.................57D............Fri-Sun...Hotel

And the lack of my name was driving ME crazy! :dunno:

37. EdFred

Display name:
    -
    Blame Nick for that. He's the one that first omitted you!

38. TMetzinger

Display name:
    Tim
    Sold! It can be good to have a co-pilot since at some places someone has to stay with the vehicle. I'll get a magnetic "POA Shuttle" sign for the vehicle - they're cheap.

39. Gary

Gary En-Route

Display name:
    Gary
    Always good to decrease entropy!!

Gary

40. kimberlyanne546

Display name:
    Kimberly
    I should arrive early but will gladly wait for Tim's van (Tim how far is the drive from PHL to the hotel?). Early as in before 9am. I will be super tired Friday morning. I should leave Sunday night but will be glad for Tim or anyone else to drop me off at any time. That's why I'm booking a "late" flight, just so there is no hurry and no worry.