WINGS Fly B Q Announcement

It'll be Tim, Catherine, and Ciara Metzinger, Trinidad N169GT, and one available seat. Maybe Kaye and I can have a race and see which Trinidad is rigged better.

Adam Nice Try but my last name is GAISKI,not Giseky, (LOL)
Dave G

Hi Adam,

Thanks for remembering to put me on the list. Hope to be there by 2:00! I can't wait to meet all of you.

Matt
Cherokee N5085W

TMetzinger said:
Maybe Kaye and I can have a race and see which Trinidad is rigged better.

my plane's faster than your plane :goofy:

So, what's the italics mean??? Tenitive? I'll confirm once I'm settled as a Pennsilvianian. (Is that what I am now?)

Missa

Missa said:
So, what's the italics mean??? Tenitive? I'll confirm once I'm settled as a Pennsilvianian. (Is that what I am now?)

Missa

Its Pennsylvanian Missa. And yes italics means tenative.

hummm Its a long trip but I will see if I can make it........... ok count me in and if you need help let me know.

Bob

Missa said:

Missa

Pennsylvanian - and maybe you should watch some old Kathryn Hepburn movies and practice talking with your teeth clenched... then every one in Williamsport will think you moved there from Main Line Philadephia instead of Michigan.

Like i said in the other post Missa , if you need me to i'll fly up and get you.Total trip from here up there and to LOM is alittle over 1 1/2 hours.
Dave G.

Shipoke said:
Like i said in the other post Missa , if you need me to i'll fly up and get you.Total trip from here up there and to LOM is alittle over 1 1/2 hours.
Dave G.

When I get there I'll see about a plane, and if I can't get it I'll let you know... I also have to see what will be going on at work, will I be out of town @ the cusomerts for some reason or if I'll be going home to get my stuff or something like that. It's just that when I saw John going I got really happy... John has owed me real NY cheesecake with chololate and rasberries for over a year now! He rarely seems to make it to MI and when he does it's on a weekday to K-zoo...

Missa

I'll try to make it as well. Anyone else flying-in from Harrisburg area?

Igor
FlyInCalendar.com
________
Best Portable Vaporizer

Last edited:
Tango Alpha Lima Lima ...oops, sorry, thought I was talking to Flight Service. :goofy:

It's Tallman. And if we're racing Tim, does that mean we're going, Kaye, or are we still tentative?

igor said:
I'll try to make it as well. Anyone else flying-in from Harrisburg area?

Igor
FlyInCalendar.com
Igor i'll be flying out of KCXY, are you moving here that you will be in HBG that weekend or what. Dave G:blueplane:

Shipoke said:
Igor i'll be flying out of KCXY, are you moving here that you will be in HBG that weekend or what. Dave G:blueplane:

Dave - I spend most of my time in NYC but fly out of 58N in Palmyra, and am in Hershey pretty much every weekend. Did my private checkride out of KCXY!
________
Health insurance dicussion

Last edited:
I'll be there. Maybe with spouse & 2 kids, maybe without. If the girls come they are going to want to see Tigers. Geez, even the kids are in the Grumman Gang -- I can't escape it!!!!!! My 2.5yr old drags me around Perk Valley 'til I'm ready to drop, specifically to look at Tigers. Nothing like a cute logo to catch a kids fancy...

Nice meeting you last weekend Adam. I'll see what I can do to help out with the fly-in, since I'll be a drive-in.

Andrew Morrison

I'm going to try to fly down there that weekend (or UP if I'm coming from DC, because that may be after my big move.) Expect a ratty rented skyhawk if I'm coming from the north or a ratty rented 150 from the south.

If you have a ride in something nicer from either those two areas let me know!

infotango said:
I'm going to try to fly down there that weekend (or UP if I'm coming from DC, because that may be after my big move.) Expect a ratty rented skyhawk if I'm coming from the north or a ratty rented 150 from the south.

If you have a ride in something nicer from either those two areas let me know!

How big are you? Wife and I have created a fair bit of useful load since the beginning of the year, so if you aren't huge we should be able to give you a ride. I have high hopes of being in a Tiger. The home airport you have listed is only about a half hour ride from Wings.

Edit: In fact, I've just reserved a rather nice '02-'03 Tiger for the 20th, one with the purty stars and stripes paint job. My favorite plane, so I'm all happy :)

And Adam: PPHHHHHTTT!!!! about the licence plate comment LOL. We'll be in Tiger 950TE.

Last edited:
Joe Williams said:
How big are you? Wife and I have created a fair bit of useful load since the beginning of the year, so if you aren't huge we should be able to give you a ride. I have high hopes of being in a Tiger. The home airport you have listed is only about a half hour ride from Wings.

Edit: In fact, I've just reserved a rather nice '02-'03 Tiger for the 20th, one with the purty stars and stripes paint job. My favorite plane, so I'm all happy :)

And Adam: PPHHHHHTTT!!!! about the licence plate comment LOL. We'll be in Tiger 950TE.
Thanks Joe!
I'm 150# and would love to fly down in a tiger. I'll PM you as the date gets closer, if I'm still going to be in NYC.

(Wow! I just re read your post, a '02, '03 Tiger....awesome!)

infotango said:
Thanks Joe!
I'm 150# and would love to fly down in a tiger. I'll PM you as the date gets closer, if I'm still going to be in NYC.

(Wow! I just re read your post, a '02, '03 Tiger....awesome!)

Cool, you are well under what we can carry :) And yes, the plane is a beauty!! You'll love it.

Joe Williams said:
Cool, you are well under what we can carry :) And yes, the plane is a beauty!! You'll love it.
Joe, I should add that that's what I will weigh BEFORE the BBQ, no promises for after!:goofy:

Joe Williams said:

Joe:

So let me understand this, you are going to drive from Royersford to North Philly (1 hour), rent the Tiger to fly (15 minutes) to Wings, fly back to North Philly (15 minutes) after the picnic, drive home to Royersford (1 hour)?? :dunno:

Man, that is dedication at its best. You will no doubt will the award for the most determined effort to attend a fly-in!

Gary

Gary said:
Joe:

So let me understand this, you are going to drive from Royersford to North Philly (1 hour), rent the Tiger to fly (15 minutes) to Wings, fly back to North Philly (15 minutes) after the picnic, drive home to Royersford (1 hour)?? :dunno:

Man, that is dedication at its best. You will no doubt will the award for the most determined effort to attend a fly-in!

Gary

LOL that's pretty much the picture!! That's why we haven't been renting from Hortman to begin with. The drive is a bear. We've decided to rent the Tigers for our cross country flying, and Perk Valley's Skyhawks for shorter local flights and JFA days. But I want a plane for the day without having to worry about what time we need to be back, etc. Perk Valley isn't really hyped on letting one of their two Skyhawks go all day, at least without promising some hours on the plane, particularly since 18E is the only one with intercoms for the back seat, and is the one they use for IFR training. Not a chance I could get that plane all day. If we didn't have anywhere else to fly, I'd go somewhere before or after the fly in to make it worth the drive. Picking up Info will let us get two hours of flying in for our two hours of driving. 1/2 hr to pick him up, 1/2 hr to Wings, 1/2 hr to drop him off, and 1/2 hr back to PNE.

Besides, I want to fly the Tiger. I love the Tiger, and 950TE is my favorite plane. See, it all makes sense :D

Andrew, great meeting you too!! that was a funny moment when I realized who you were as we watched that Sierra bounce and float down the runway:eek: . I appreciat the offers to help. I'm sure I will call on you. Please let me know As soon as you find out if the wife and kids will be comming so we can make food quantity decisions. Also let me know ( even though you will be driving) if you will be pulling the Sundowner out of the hangar for the contests, Spot landing, Spot Parking and precision taxi.

InfoTango. Glad to hear you will make it If for some reason you don't come in the Tiger w/ Joe just let me know the type plane and Tail # when you get it.

Joe I love 950TE. I flew in that plane with Ron once back to KSBY sharp looking bird. I was gonna suggest you rent one of MCA's 172s or the 150 for the contests but glad you will be getting the time in the Tiger.

The way I've been landing lately, the only way I'd win the spot landing contest is if I use my tires to mark the spot!

Attched is the updated attendance list. We are up to about 48+/-
Can't wait to see everyone there.

Last edited:
Wow, look at all those people coming! I haven't read or posted anything here in like 2 months, but wanted to say I'm still planning to be there.

Toby said:
Wow, look at all those people coming! I haven't read or posted anything here in like 2 months, but wanted to say I'm still planning to be there.
We'd be disappointed if you didn't show up, Toby!

Well, cr^p. I have a property owners meeting in Winchester that weekend - meeting starts at 10 AM, and will run till 11:30 or noon. I'd be pretty late for the festivities since the earliest I could get in the air would be 12:15 or so... guess I'll have to strike this one off the list. Sigh.

Adam,

Count Mary and I in.......I hope it's two "flying" in but only time will tell. If not we will drive in and enjoy the day.

If there is anything we can help with or provide, let us know!

wsuffa said:
Well, cr^p. I have a property owners meeting in Winchester that weekend - meeting starts at 10 AM, and will run till 11:30 or noon. I'd be pretty late for the festivities since the earliest I could get in the air would be 12:15 or so... guess I'll have to strike this one off the list. Sigh.

You should do it anyway. I'm coming late as well...

mattaxelrod said:
You should do it anyway. I'm coming late as well...

We'll have to wait and see. Family issue has come up & may still be an issue at that time. Ugh.

Rats, rats, rats and rats. Just got the word.....I'm out of town for two weeks with the Fly In stuck right in the middle. Sorry to have to miss this one. :(

Back