WINGS Fly B Q Announcement

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Ok folks the news you have been waiting for!!!
The 2nd Annual Wings Field Fly B Q (Fly In) has been set for Saturday May 20, 2006 at Wings Field KLOM. (Rain date Sunday May 21) For those of you that haven't been here Wings is just northeast of Philly. I'm figuring around an 11:00 - Noon start. Just like last year we will have some awesome BBQ, and Fixins ( Toby I have the Potato salad from last year for ya) Beverages, Comraderie and Plenty of Airplane talk.

In addition we will look to have a few contests this year including spot landing, spot parking and taxiing contests. We may even have some B-Day cake as this year the Fly B Q is on EdFred's Birthday.

Eventually as you all respond I will need the number of Aircraft and how many in each plane. Once we get some firm numbers I'll know how much shopping I have to do and can set a price per person. At Ron's suggestion I will have extra Fire Extinguishers on hand. :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!!!

Actually, my birthday is on the 19th, but I will be there!!

Oh, Adam. A serious dilemma! Fly in, can't have a brew. Drive in, can have a brew, which serious BBQ deserves. Ya really gonna do the holy grail of BBQ, the brisket?

Well Bob, that is indeed a difficult decision. So to make it easy for ya here are some options:

1) Fly up with your partner in the R22 or Archer have a beer and let him fly back ( Wasn't gonna have beer as it is a "FLY IN" but I'd bring a few bottles if ya aren't flyin back)

2) Fly up and Fly back, meet me another day for some great local BBQ and a beer or few on me

3) Some folks have expressed interest in flying in from quite a distance and if so may stay overnight. If so join us for a few brewskis in the evening when ya don't have to fly back.

As for the brisket well, I'd like to. I hope to get Andrew Stanley to come down from Mass and help me BBQ. (Andrew if you read this please PM me.) For sure we will have the grill going for Burgers and dogs

If Andrew does come down and help me Sloooooooow cook some BBQ we will do it the night before and ya know ya can't BBQ without bending the elbow a few times with some frostys, you could certainly help out then:yes:

I missed it last year, but I'll try to get there this year. One plane and two people. Looking forward to some good BBQ!

One plane, three people. Yes, it's a 5 minute flight no matter where I rent from, but I'm bound and determined to actually fly to a fly in sooner or later LOL

Let me know if you need any help picking stuff up, set up, etc.

Great! Sue and I will be there. Jason, are you gonna need a ride? Let me know.

Sounds good Adam. Count me in.

I'll be driving in, can I still enter the taxiing and parking contests? :D

Come on Toby ya know ya can't resist. I'll buy ya a new Tub of Potato Salad.

Just spoke to Tom the owner of Montgomery County Aviation the FBO at Wings among other things he has told me that he will again extend to all Fly B Q participants discounted fuel prices. Won't know the price till we get closer. He also said he will put op some of those big white tents for us.

AdamZ said:
Come on Toby ya know ya can't resist. I'll buy ya a new Tub of Potato Salad.

Just spoke to Tom the owner of Montgomery County Aviation the FBO at Wings among other things he has told me that he will again extend to all Fly B Q participants discounted fuel prices. Won't know the price till we get closer. He also said he will put op some of those big white tents for us.

Big white tents? Think he's trying to get us away from his building after it nearly got burned down by the grill inferno last year?:rofl:

Joe Williams said:
Big white tents? Think he's trying to get us away from his building after it nearly got burned down by the grill inferno last year?:rofl:
Good thing Cap'n Ron was standing there with the fire extinguisher :hairraise:

One plane, two pilots, one fistfight for who will be PIC. I'll lose too, she doesn't fight fair:rolleyes:

Jim G

Add one plane and 2.33 people (My daughter at 3 counts for 1/3 when it comes to food planning).

Thanks to Toby for telling me about this.

Joe Williams said:
Has anyone seen this guys website? http://www.doeblitz.net/ghg/

It's an interesting site that talks about a BBQ lighting contest put on by the engineering department at Purdue university. The contest was to see who could get a grill ready for cooking in the shortest amount of time. This guy, George Goble, used 60 pounds of charcoal in which he put a lit cigarette as an ignition source then he poured 3 gallons of liquid oxygen onto the grill. In 3 seconds it burned off 2/3 of the charcoal along with any paint that may have been on the undustrial strength iron grill and they had coals ready for cooking. They also tried the same experiment using a cheap Costco grill that was vaporized in the process.

The local fire department, once they found out about the event, banned them from ever trying something like this again.

You have to see his web page. :rofl::rofl::rofl::goofy::goofy::goofy:

Jeannie

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 30
  • bbql.gif
    bbql.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Bah - I wish I could do this. I love BBQ, I love flying, and I love flying long distances. But I just don't think I can make a 15 hour flight for BBQ this year, Adam.

Some day I'll do this and one of those big pancake breakfasts up there.

SkyHog said:
Bah - I wish I could do this. I love BBQ, I love flying, and I love flying long distances. But I just don't think I can make a 15 hour flight for BBQ this year, Adam.

Some day I'll do this and one of those big pancake breakfasts up there.

Nick drop Michael a line. I think he's putting together a plane to make it up here.

I have one seat available from the FDK area - so GAI, DMW, THV, or MTN, I can give a ride up and back with my wife and daughter in a Trinidad.

Tim just reminded me. Attached is the list of Attendees todate. So far we are up to about 35. For those that are comming please respond with the type aircraft and tail number as well as the number of those attending.:blueplane: Names in italics are still tenative.

Last edited:
AdamZ said:
Tim just reminded me. Attached is the list of Attendees todate. So far we are up to about 35. For those that are comming please respond with the type aircraft and tail number as well as the number of those attending.:blueplane: Names in italics are still tenative.

At this time, I not only don't know what our tail number will be, I'm not even sure what type I'll be flying LOL. Probably a Skyhawk.

AdamZ said:

Put me in as a maybe. It's not my weekend for the plane and I hate to ask for it this early. But if it's looking available around the 1st of May, I'll book it. Trinidad N636GT. If I go, I'll have 2 empty seats.....Beth?....Jill?

Kaye

Joe Williams said:
At this time, I not only don't know what our tail number will be, I'm not even sure what type I'll be flying LOL. Probably a Skyhawk.

Joe just give me your license plate number:rofl:

I'll be there. Probably R22 N7527D, maybe Archer N6226J, or, if there's really gonna be real BBQ, maybe Porsche 986S RH FLYER, so I can have a brew to go with it :cheers:

I will NOT be there, unfortunately. The Tiger is still perfroming its high D.A. missions.

Kaye said:
Put me in as a maybe. It's not my weekend for the plane and I hate to ask for it this early. But if it's looking available around the 1st of May, I'll book it. Trinidad N636GT. If I go, I'll have 2 empty seats.....Beth?....Jill?

Kaye

If you'll be coming from JYO or something, I'll be in 163GT - we could have an army formation flight (defined as two aircraft in the same direction on the same day).

I'll be departing FDK for the trip.

your doc. file wont open adam says "save ", need another link
Dave

AdamZ said:

Adam:

I'll be there!

PA28-140, N9765W
Two of us at the most.

Gary

AdamZ said:
Joe just give me your license plate number:rofl:

Ahhh man, that's mean!!! I'm bound and determined to fly to this one.... I don't care if I have to rent a plane from Wings and fly the pattern once LOL.

Joe Williams said:
Ahhh man, that's mean!!! I'm bound and determined to fly to this one.... I don't care if I have to rent a plane from Wings and fly the pattern once LOL.

Ahh, that is too funny. :D

Joe Williams said:

Joe:

At least he didn't ask for your credit card number!

Gary

For those unable to open the Word document containing the list of attendees I have copied it to the post see below. Also since some often use " Screen Names" Its tough to figure out who you really are. If you wouldn't mind please post you real name including your last name and the name of your guest or flying partner so we can acutally figure out who is coming. If you are hesitant to post your name please just send me a PM. But well know who ya are at the fly in anyway.

WINGS 06’

Adam Zucker
Ed Fred Cherokee 180 N2212R
Paul Allen & Guest
Gil & Sue Velez-Domenech C182 N5288T
Jason Herman
Bob Bruneau Egg Beater
Joe Williams
Kathy Williams
Sean Williams
Gary Shelby & Guest Cherokee
Av Shilo & Ira Comanche 360C N9400P
Toby Speed Cherokee 140 (Sweepea)
Dave Giseky Warrior
Lee K
Michael Driggs
Mark Bell
Greg Groves & Guest
Tim Metzinger, Cathrine & Ciara. Trinidad
Jamie Pujol
Dom
Arnold Feldman
Missa
Paul DeSacntics
Ron Levy, Fran & Duke Cheeger N22RL
Al & Sally Jones Mooney 20K N231DF
Jim & Janet Gratton C 172
Matt Axelrod
Kaye Clark & Jill Trinidad N636GT
Kelly & Cathy Kober Comanche N9144P
John & Cheryl Clough
Amber Lynn N69MF
Bob Ciotti

Last edited:
Wow that cut an paste thing didn't work to well I had a very nice chart and when I pasted it to the post it just all compressed. Sorry.

AdamZ said:
Kaye & 555Juliet Trinidad N636GT

That's Kaye Clark for me, I'll let Jill respond either here or PM for her last name.

Back