Wings and Wheels April 2013 - 1940 Air Terminal Museum - KHOU

AirRich

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rich
Hi, all!
I'm one of the coordinators for the monthly open house and fly-in at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum at Houston Hobby Airport. I wanted to invite you to come visit the original airport terminal building at Hobby for our fly ins! Each one is a different theme and runs from 11am to 3pm on the third Saturday of each month.

This month we're calling all Pipers to Piper Day on April 20. Fly to KHOU and see what flies in! What you'll find there is the original air terminal building, which volunteers such as myself have been raising money to restore, and in which we have been operating a civil aviation museum. You'll also find a GA-friendly tower and I've flown in there myself in a Cessna 152 so I can vouch for their friendliness.

We have also put up a well-maintained or restored vintage airplane for raffle each year for several years, and Piper Day is to celebrate our first Piper raffle plane. We've got a beautiful 1969 Piper Cherokee 140 that is a joy to fly, and is a big help raising funds for the almost entirely volunteer-run Museum. I'm not sure how much more I can say about that without sounding too commercial but you can find out more on the Museum website.

It's also a great place to volunteer, with lots of projects still needing some extra hands.

Even if it's Piper Day, any and every aircraft is welcome on our ramp. Pilots and their passengers get free admission to the Museum. If you can make it, we'd love to meet you!

If you can't make it this month, we do it every month, and May 18 will be Learn to Fly Day (it's International Learn to Fly Day - so come share your joy of flying)!

Rich Simental
www.1940airterminal.org
www.wingsandwheels.org

Back