Win XP SP3 & intel chips

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
I just fixed a no-brand intel comp that wouldn't boot Win XP SP2. Black screen of super-death; no Win XP logo or even safe mode. Fixed this by removing the HD and renaming an AMD driver. Comp booted and picked up the intel driver.

Quick question:
Does this mean an SP3 installation will break the comp again? If so will the same renaming of the amd drivers work again?

Yeah, did you put the original install on, or did someone else? What you describe sounds like somebody moved a hard disk from an AMD mobo to an intel mobo.

Why are they AMD drivers being loaded and executed if it is an Intel based computer?

Yeah, did you put the original install on, or did someone else? What you describe sounds like somebody moved a hard disk from an AMD mobo to an intel mobo.

For the record I didn't build this computer & this is my first touch. Some unknown (to me) guy put this comp together. IDK y AMD drivers were being loaded. What got me is that its SP3 that's suppose to punish such sloppy imaging practices from what I've read.

Edit
- I try not to disparage or critisize any tech's work before me, so I'll hold out hope for other than the most obvious explanation for the original issue.

Last edited:
Back