Win a Plane Raffle - This Saturday!

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Everyone,

As most of you have probably seen in the past, The 1940 Air Terminal Museum, where I am a volunteer, raffles off a plane every year as a fundraiser. This year, we are giving away a 1958 Cessna 172, and the drawing is this Saturday, July 17, 2010! Tickets are available for $50 each, and ticket sales end at noon CDT this Friday, July 16.

I have to say, this is the most perfectly-rigged airplane I've ever flown. You can take her up to altitude, trim her out, and just take your hands off the yoke. She flies like she's on autopilot - no leaning to one side or the other, no yaw, it's just beautiful.

This plane features dual venturis for the gyro instruments in its VFR-only panel. It is polished aluminum (seal-coated) with white and black trim. It only has about 1550TT and about 300SMOH, so it is a very low-time bird, especially for its age. And, it can be yours for only $50!! Look at it this way, even if you don't win, you're also supporting a great aviation organization!

Get your ticket by calling the museum at 713-454-1940 or emailing info@1940airterminal.org. You only have a few more days!

DSC08130_300.jpg

You won an airplane? Which one (from where?)

EAA Sweepstakes, a few years ago. I brag about it pretty mercilessly all the time. If you won an airplane, you would too.

Reminds me of a funny joke. Old man walks into a confessional and tells the Priest: "last night I had wild sex with two 18 year-olds!" The Priest says "that's horrible" and asks him when was his last confession, to which he replies: "I've never been to confession, I'm Jewish". The Priest asks him "why are you telling me this?", to which he replies:

"I'm telling everybody!"

Indeed there are more pictures! Visit http://www.1940airterminal.org or see our Facebook Page by searching for 1940 Air Terminal Museum!

I realize that the rest of the world has updated their browsers, but your site looks awful with IE6. I really need to get onto the IE8 pilot group here at work...

Attachments

• ie6.JPG
    ie6.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 22
What is the electronics under the yoke?

DSC07559_800.jpg

Inop adf radio and inop VHF radio, but they're antique and pretty in that cockpit! :)

I sent an email yesterday for info on how to buy a ticket, and if I could pay with paypal. Still waiting for a response.

Looks like they're better at answering the phone.

Boy is my wife gonna be mad when I show up with a plane.

Looks like they're better at answering the phone.

Boy is my wife gonna be mad when I show up with a plane.

My wife was OK with it if I paid $50 for the plane. :wink2:
So you do not need to worry you will not showing up with a plane becuase I will win:D

I sent an email yesterday for info on how to buy a ticket, and if I could pay with paypal. Still waiting for a response.

Sorry about that. Our volunteer staff has been running ragged trying to keep up with phone inquiries and is a bit behind on email. We're working on catching up! :)

On the bright side, this has been our most successful raffle contest to date!

Sorry about that. Our volunteer staff has been running ragged trying to keep up with phone inquiries and is a bit behind on email. We're working on catching up! :)

On the bright side, this has been our most successful raffle contest to date!

Good for them with the results.
Bad for us lowers our chance:cryin:

Ticket sales are closed! Thanks to all of you who purchased! The drawing will be at 2pm CDT tomorrow at the museum during our monthly Wings & Wheels fly-in, and we will be streaming it live on Ustream for those who can't be there in person. Check out the museum's Facebook Page, Twitter Feed, or Website for a link to the feed when the time comes.

And the winner is... Art Shaddex of Magnolia, TX.

Name does not look like anyone from here. Well maybe next year.

Back