Will work for flying time :) IT / technical services

supernovae

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
supernovae
Need some IT work done? New website for your club, school, business or charter? Need some database work done, systems upgraded or help with infrastructure? Want to migrate paper forms to online forms? Move to google docs or office online? I'm looking to barter / trade my experiences for cash or flying time (cash to pay for flying time lol)

No project too large or small.

Experienced with office to oracle and MySQL. Have ability to host services on azure, amazon aws. Can even convert videos for online streaming, build custom training systems using open source software or work with your suppliers/vendors to get things done.

Doesn't have to be aviation based either, if you have a business or personal requirement, don't hesitate to ask!

Just looking to offer my skills to pay for the rest of my flight training :)

Do you know anything about rebuilding carports?

Knowing your location and territory might help.

Does rebuilding carports have anything to do with IT? Or do you just enjoy being a smartass

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I believe Wayne has a plane and is well connected in the aviation community in the area OP resides in.

Buy some 38's. The 36's are obviously a bit tight.

Does rebuilding carports have anything to do with IT? Or do you just enjoy being a smartass

Buy some 38's. The 36's are obviously a bit tight.

I wear 40's I'm fat. And it just gets old seeing people always saying things on the forum that they wouldn't face to face. Sorry for having respect for the common man. Some pilots can be funny the way they hold their heads so high.

But hell, maybe you need some IT work in your carport?

That's what I need right now. His ad suggested that he was interested in other opportunities. Doc Bill on another board is an ER doc who used to hang sheetrock. How am I supposed to know what he can do unless I ask? Guess what the first face-to-face question would be if he walked into my hangar and asked if I needed any help?

I wear 40's I'm fat. And it just gets old seeing people always saying things on the forum that they wouldn't face to face. Sorry for having respect for the common man. Some pilots can be funny the way they hold their heads so high.

You'd probably have better luck just doing that work for real money then using that real money to fly. It'd certainly expand your audience.

That's what I need right now. His ad suggested that he was interested in other opportunities. Doc Bill on another board is an ER doc who used to hang sheetrock. How am I supposed to know what he can do unless I ask? Guess what the first face-to-face question would be if he walked into my hangar and asked if I needed any help?

I enjoy the route you took regarding your post to the op. At least you see what I'm talking about. But, even with the spin you just put on it, it pretty obvious what you ment.

If I'm telling you I have apples for sale and I'm an apple farmer, why in Gods green earth would you ask me for a pineapple?

Sure he could turn a wrench, but the man went as far as listing all his services. Not one hinted at his having one iota of carpentry skills. So, honest as you may say your question was, it was rediculous.

Last edited:

I wonder if you would say that to Wayne face-to-face, or if you really are just a hypocrite. If the OP lived near me, I probably would have asked him if he wanted to help me with some non-IT, non aviation related projects too.

I wonder if you would say that to Wayne face-to-face, or if you really are just a hypocrite. If the OP lived near me, I probably would have asked him if he wanted to help me with some non-IT, non aviation related projects too.

Yep, I say what I think. No doubt about that.

Thanks. While we're on the subject, what are you famous for?

I enjoy the route you took regarding your post to the op. At least you see what I'm talking about. But, even with the spin you just put on it, it pretty obvious what you ment.

If I'm telling you I have apples for sale and I'm an apple farmer, why in Gods green earth would you ask me for a pineapple?

Sure he could turn a wrench, but the man went as far as listing all his services. Not one hinted at his having one iota of carpentry skills. So, honest as you may say your question was, it was rediculous.

Doesn't have to be aviation based either, if you have a business or personal requirement, don't hesitate to ask!

Just looking to offer my skills to pay for the rest of my flight training :)

I guess it would help if you tell where you could work, SFO Bay Area? :)

Perhaps the plans for the carport are in a PDF. :rolleyes:

Dude, you need to chillax.

Nah he's just being Wayne.

Really, we tend to bust chops here. It's all in good humor, well most of it is anyway.

As for the OP, first let us know where your living so someone might be able to point you in the right direction. Second your services sound like they'd have decent value to a flight school or FBO, so you might call on them. Third I tend to agree with Jess but remember to trade value not time. Best of luck.

Nah he's just being Wayne.

Really, we tend to bust chops here. It's all in good humor, well most of it is anyway.

As for the OP, first let us know where your living so someone might be able to point you in the right direction. Second your services sound like they'd have decent value to a flight school or FBO, so you might call on them. Third I tend to agree with Jess but remember to trade value not time. Best of luck.

Given his post here http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55589 I'm going to assume he's in the Austin area.

haha, this is hilarious :)

Yes, i'm Austin Area.. But we're talking IT.. the internet makes my location irrelevant by and large with things like hosted sites, cloud computing, VPN / Remote Desktop and other ways to get access.

I do have a great day job, but i'm always looking for more work to pay for this expensive venture. Plus, its a great way to meet people and get involved with some fun projects!

haha, this is hilarious :)

Yes, i'm Austin Area.. But we're talking IT.. the internet makes my location irrelevant by and large with things like hosted sites, cloud computing, VPN / Remote Desktop and other ways to get access.

Yeah, the internet makes your location irrelevant, except for the fact that your offer was to trade your work for flying time. That pretty much limits your offer to the Austin area, doesn't it? Unless you're willing to travel on your dime to Northern California to work on my network in exchange for flying one of my airplanes, right?

Yeah, the internet makes your location irrelevant, except for the fact that your offer was to trade your work for flying time. That pretty much limits your offer to the Austin area, doesn't it? Unless you're willing to travel on your dime to Northern California to work on my network in exchange for flying one of my airplanes, right?

He mentioned cash or flying time......

Shucks, Austin, I'd have loaded you up with all the flight time you could handle for some code-monkeying.. if you ever get out to LA let me know.

My money is on the humorless hernandez for having construction skills -- not the dude waving the "IT skillz" flag. :D

It's about to fall down and the guy who was supposed to rebuild it has vamoosed. Trying to lever the no-permit-required replacement rules to fit my situation to incorporate some storage room in the back.

You started it! Lulz

Btw, Wayne, I'm an IT guy who knows about rebuilding carports, but this is an aviation board so I can't say that here! :)

"Don't ask, don't tell, work under cover of darkness. I dunno, that's the way it was when I got it." :) :dunno:

Shucks, Austin, I'd have loaded you up with all the flight time you could handle for some code-monkeying.. if you ever get out to LA let me know.

My money is on the humorless hernandez for having construction skills -- not the dude waving the "IT skillz" flag. :D

Im not sure that sterotypical and slightly racist comments like this are allowed on the board?

Would you be assuming that since my last name is Hernandez that I am some sort carpenter? Thats uncalled for, and not in the least bit funny.

True, if you need someone to run cables and plugin wires I wouldn't fly out there on my own dime, but if you need someone to design a network, setup wifi roaming, build firewall policies, setup Intrusion detection, auditing, core switching, vlan configs and provide documentation, network diagrams, monitoring scripts and processes - I can do that from anywhere ;)

Or if you write android / ios apps and want to port them to Windows 8 to Run on Surface or X86 tablets I can help do that..

Of if you have a bunch of stuff you want "webified" or want to move to the cloud or need to reduce some of your costs or streamline some of your processes I can help there too.

I wouldn't complain if this turned into a full time business where I COULD fly to your location on a whim though ;)

I'm married, I have two kids and a dream of flying.. I love my day job but the cost of living and kids does put a dent in my passion for flying so i'm all about hitting up the communities I want to be a part of and seeing if I can make some side cash to keep my dream a reality! (or if there are local clubs / schools / aviation nuts who want to trade / barter)

Back