Wild winds

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
I flew into a pretty intense low today...the one centered over the ND/SD/MN borders in the attached prog chart. That resulted in 25G36 winds at KDVL as I landed this evening, after two hours in and out of the soup, followed by the GPS 03 approach. Attached is one pic when between layers. The Mooney 201 is a terrific IFR x-c machine.

Edit: I hate iPad sometimes! It's named all my saved images the same so I can't upload them here! I'll figure something else out... :mad:

Edit: Finally got some additional images added

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 67
  • KDVL-WINDS.png
    KDVL-WINDS.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20130531_190322_300.jpg
    IMG_20130531_190322_300.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0290_900px.jpg
    IMG_0290_900px.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0311_900px.jpg
    IMG_0311_900px.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I flew into a pretty intense low today...the one centered over the ND/SD/MN borders in the attached prog chart. That resulted in 25G36 winds at KDVL as I landed this evening, after two hours in and out of the soup, followed by the GPS 03 approach. Attached is one pic when between layers. The Mooney 201 is a terrific IFR x-c machine.

Edit: I hate iPad sometimes! It's named all my saved images the same so I can't upload them here! I'll figure something else out... :mad:
I expected storms here this morning but the weather was really nice until midafternoon. I actually was able to ski before noon and the wind was calm the whole time. Once the front came through around 2-3 PM it did get rather windy and the temp and dewpoint dropped noticeably.

Last edited:
I expected storms here this morning but the weather was really nice until midafternoon. I actually was able to ski before noon and the wind was calm the whole time. Once the front came through around 2-3 PM it did get rather windy and the temp and dewpoint dropped noticeably.

Winds slowly tapered off here today. Had a nice flight to KBIS with my son late afternoon, then a calm, smooth flight back to KDVL at 8:30p. I hope this sticks around....I'm getting tired of wind!

You can upload by attaching an image using iDevices. It works, but not via cut/paste.

You can upload by attaching an image using iDevices. It works, but not via cut/paste.

That's what I was doing, but the iDevice named every image imported from my Google drive got the same name, so after I attached all three, only the last showed up since they all had the same name.

Last edited:
Evidently quite a bit or they would still be making them.

They never figured out how to get the labor costs down. That clean, smooth riveted wing as very expensive to produce. They're great airplanes, but making them economically viable has been a struggle for four decades.

That's what I was doing, but the iDevice named every image imported from my Google drive got the same name, so after I attached all three, only the last showed up since they all had the same name.

I see, a google not apple problem. Sorry, cant help there.

I see, a google not apple problem. Sorry, cant help there.

Uh, no...they were all uniquely named. But when displayed on the iPad and saved to the iPad it used the same name. And the Photos app doesn't even let you see a file name, much less change it. Part if my frustration with iOS...completely closed to the end user. Typical "Apple knows best" attitude that drives me nuts.

Back