WiFi Printer Win 10

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I did a recent Win 10 upgrade. The WiFi to my printer won't stay connected. I do have connect automatically selected.
I have to manually hit connect whenever I need to print.

Any ideas of where to look?
Paul

I,ve had that problem too. Never really fixed it because it keeps coming back. Try deleting the printer and re-installing.

What printer? What wifi router?

(I'm assuming "manually hit connect" means the fooling with the printer, not your laptop/desktop)

The WiFi is built into my Dell desktop. It's not going through my router
The printer is a Brother multifunction color laser MFC L8900CDW

are there energy saving settings that turn off the wifi?

I have a HP 9015e printer wirelessly connected to a Win-10 machine. It works flawlessly.

Paul, I know that this is not much help to you... but it can work as advertised!

-Skip

another thought: maybe one end of the wifi (or both) needs to wake up... and the time required to "wake up" is longer than you are used to.

I know someone (who shall remain nameless) that is sometimes not patient enough with the computer/monitor/printer being used.

edit: and another question (or three): is it wifi to the printer? how is the wifi configured? have you tried bluetooth?

How old is the printer? Have you checked Brother for driver updates?

I might have found the culprit.
I went to Device manager and opened the WiFi adapter. There is a setting for power management. I unchecked the box that allows the WiFi to sleep to save energy.
Why the **** do they bury the setting there?
Of course if the Connect Automatically setting worked there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
Bah Humbug.

I might have found the culprit.
I went to Device manager and opened the WiFi adapter. There is a setting for power management. I unchecked the box that allows the WiFi to sleep to save energy.
Why the **** do they bury the setting there?
Of course if the Connect Automatically setting worked there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
Bah Humbug.

and why would a desktop need to turn off wifi to save energy?

Back