Wichita Vintage Glider Meet Sept. 26 Weekend

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Local guys are organiznig a Vintage Glider Meet at the end of September. I'll be there with my glider, flying and possibly doing a presentation. It should be a fun time and there will be some cool old gliders there.

Attachments

• Wichita-Rally-2009-flyerx[1].pdf
    196.9 KB · Views: 12
Bump.

I'll be giving a talk on Saturday morning about the flight testing I did on my glider last fall.

I'll be around for the cookout friday after work, all day saturday, and sunday. unless im out flying my glider of course :)

If anyone is going to come down let me know, and i'll be sure to set aside some time to get you up for a ride in the 2-33.

Will have to miss it. I'll try to schedule better next time. I think about 4-5 guys from my club are planning on going down there, though.

matthew - are they bringing gliders? the club 1-26 would fit right in.

I don't think they're going to bring any gliders - probably the 1-26 hasn't been taken apart for trailering in 10 years. The guy with the Libelle is planning on going down, but I don't think he's bringing his ship - it probably would not fit in anyway.

We did have a good day last weekend - of course I missed it. There were no instructors available and I needed to run errands all day anyway so I didn't go to the airport.

That was the day the temps were just right for a comfortable day. The Libelle disappeared for another 3-5 hour odyssey, and the Cirrus the 1-26 and the L-13 all shared the same thermal for about 90 minutes. I wish someone could have taken pictures of that.

early libelles are about the same age as my glider. others wil be there with higher performance ships than the old wood/fabric stuff. Harry Clayton is planning on flying his standard cirrus.

i'll look for the KC guys. sorry you can't make it.

Back