Wichita, KS Vintage Sailplane Rally

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Our annual Vintage Sailplane Rally is going to be the weekend of September 25 this year. NOTE this also corresponds with the same weekend as the McConnel AFB Airshow. I believe the Thunderbirds are going to be in town for the weekend. Come down to Wichita and see the show and check out old guys (except for me) flying old gliders!

Usually people start showing up on Thursday and leave Sunday. We always get a good contingent from Lawrenceville, IL aka the Vintage Glider Capital of the US. Hopefully some more will be here too. I'll have Leah's and my Cherokee II's there and possibly the NG-1 as well. I'm going to be doing my best to get some of those VSA Silver Badge coins!

Attachments

• Wichita-Rally-2010-flyer[1].pdf
    205.7 KB · Views: 3
OOC, how would you rate the spectator-sport value of watching old gliders vs watching the T-birds?

Our annual Vintage Sailplane Rally is going to be the weekend of September 25 this year. NOTE this also corresponds with the same weekend as the McConnel AFB Airshow. I believe the Thunderbirds are going to be in town for the weekend. Come down to Wichita and see the show and check out old guys (except for me) flying old gliders!

Usually people start showing up on Thursday and leave Sunday. We always get a good contingent from Lawrenceville, IL aka the Vintage Glider Capital of the US. Hopefully some more will be here too. I'll have Leah's and my Cherokee II's there and possibly the NG-1 as well. I'm going to be doing my best to get some of those VSA Silver Badge coins!

the t-birds are probably a bit more exciting. but after the t-birds land its a little more difficult to visit with the pilots and have a close look at the airplanes. plus they aren't flying rare or one of a kind antiques

Back