Why we buy airplanes

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Consider this as another entry in the long list of reasons we buy airplanes.

I had a trip set up to a major aircraft manufacturer. I bought an airline ticket and booked a hotel, and per corporate guidelines bought a nonrefundable ticket. Two days ago, I got a call saying they needed to changed the appointment to a day earlier. OK, I called to change my airline ticket. It would cost more to change it than to book a new one, so I booked a new one. Today I got a call saying the manufacturer needed to change the day again. So now I have eaten two tickets.

Methinks I will say damn the torpedos and take myself there.

have a good flight lance!

i bought mine because im basically a selfish jerk and wanted a glider all to myself :D

YOU had to eat the tickets? I would think you company would.....

NO WAY would I eat tickets for a client change, no way.

have a good flight lance!

i bought mine because im basically a selfish jerk and wanted a glider all to myself :D

...You mean, "Have a good flight *in* a Lance, right? :D:D

And one big reason that the airlines want to control the ATC system and price us out of the air....

Funny - our guidelines demand we only buy full-refundable tickets. Your tax dollars at work, boys...

My story on why I bought an airplane: I've got to take my truck up to the body shop next week for body work. I was obsessing on how I was going to get a ride back from Fairbanks to the park when I realized my plane is in Fairbanks - duh. Can think of no better way to commute home.

Oh, and for you conus folks - why does my truck need work? I hit a caribou :redface: :cheerswine:

Back