Why the favicon change?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Looks like a guy wearing red pants and wanting a hug.

NM, just cleared cache.
Yes, I agree with Ed. POA wants some love.

We agree. We were testing cross browser/platform support, especially mobile devices that were still showing "XenForo" generic favicon.

The modified icon looked good on iOS:

Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 08.25 AM.PNG

But looks like a person with red pants on a Chrome tab:

Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 08.09 AM.PNG

Here's what we'll likely end up with:

Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 09.16 AM.PNG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 08.21 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 08.21 AM.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Where do these show up? I assumed they would be in the place where you type the URL but I haven't seen anything like that in either OSX or iOS on Safari.

Where do these show up? I assumed they would be in the place where you type the URL but I haven't seen anything like that in either OSX or iOS on Safari.

In the upper left corner of your browser, in a browser tab or in your favorites list. It also shows in your history or dropdown menu for most recent/visited sites. Although I've never used Apple or Safari to know exactly where it shows on that.

In the upper left corner of your browser, in a browser tab or in your favorites list. It also shows in your history or dropdown menu for most recent/visited sites. Although I've never used Apple or Safari to know exactly where it shows on that.
I finally found one in my bookmarks list but I never get to POA that way. Nothing shows in the browser or the tabs. It's not important. I was just curious.

In Safari, they show up in your bookmarks... but on mobile (iOS), your bookmark looks like this right now:

25673929275_82043f6345.jpg

That's what we're addressing here... each browser and o/s type has their own way of designating a favicon. Windows 8 does a tile; Android does a rounded edge thing that launches a browser in either "normal" or "full screen" mode... etc. We're trying to get most of them covered with the new favicon logo of the blue airplane portion of our overall logo.

Oh, and wouldn't this logo look great embroidered on a shirt or cap?? ;-)

favicon-blue-airplane-zoomed.png

I finally found one in my bookmarks list but I never get to POA that way. Nothing shows in the browser or the tabs. It's not important. I was just curious.

Something like this...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-03-10 08.31.45.png
    Screenshot 2016-03-10 08.31.45.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 13
In Safari, they show up in your bookmarks... but on mobile (iOS), your bookmark looks like this right now:

25673929275_82043f6345.jpg

That's what we're addressing here... each browser and o/s type has their own way of designating a favicon. Windows 8 does a tile; Android does a rounded edge thing that launches a browser in either "normal" or "full screen" mode... etc. We're trying to get most of them covered with the new favicon logo of the blue airplane portion of our overall logo.

Oh, and wouldn't that logo look great on a shirt or cap?? ;-)

It shouldn't look like that anymore. That should be the one with the runway right now.

It shouldn't look like that anymore. That should be the one with the runway right now.

Yes, if I delete the bookmark and re-add it (at least on iOS for iPhone 6 Plus). It still had the cached XenForo version until I did that.

For whatever reason I don't get those images in my tabs for any site. I see what @TangoWhiskey is talking about with the XenForo logo in iOS, though. It's changed to the guy with red pants.

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 08.26.07.png

Back