Why lock the front door when the sides and back are wide open?

What the heck is this? Why can reporters get away with strolling into places that they don't belong? Is "reporter" some kind of super secret authority to do whatever they want without repercussions even if it compromises national security? Are they part of some secret organization that's authorized to go around breaking into places they don't belong? I mean even police officers are likely to get to play a rough game of stump the dummy if they did what reporters get away with regularly.

I'm just waiting for the day that one of them gets shot to smithereens for suspicious behavior or breaking into a plane at 3am just as the owner pulls up for an early morning departure on vacation. I simply will not have any mercy or compassion at all for the sneaky reporter that gets his tooshie shot clean off either. Looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's hunting season...

fgcason said:
What the heck is this? Why can reporters get away with strolling into places that they don't belong? Is "reporter" some kind of super secret authority to do whatever they want without repercussions even if it compromises national security? Are they part of some secret organization that's authorized to go around breaking into places they don't belong?

Frank,

That's exactly the problem. It doesn't sound like anyone even noticed that he was there. It wasn't a matter of preferential treatment after he got caught, because he never got caught. :eek:

It doesn't matter. He was where he didn't belong. Toss his butt in jail and be done with it. He convicted himself publicly. Who cares if there's a lack of security. There's an equal lack of enforcement. By his own admission, he "tampered" with food trucks, subcontractors vehicles, and AIRPLANES.
GUILTY. 100 years to life!
Maybe the next reporter, adventurer, or political wannabe will think twice.

silver-eagle said:
It doesn't matter. He was where he didn't belong. Toss his butt in jail and be done with it. He convicted himself publicly. Who cares if there's a lack of security. There's an equal lack of enforcement. By his own admission, he "tampered" with food trucks, subcontractors vehicles, and AIRPLANES.
GUILTY. 100 years to life!
Maybe the next reporter, adventurer, or political wannabe will think twice.

But, I wonder how far he'd have gotten if he looked Arab?

flyingcheesehead said:
That's exactly the problem. It doesn't sound like anyone even noticed that he was there. It wasn't a matter of preferential treatment after he got caught, because he never got caught. :eek:

That's not the point at all. The point is the reporters are deliberately going out and doing illegal things that would land me or you in federal prison if we pulled that kind of stunt and we as pilots have more of a legitimate reason to be there than a reporter does. What do you think would happen if any one of us just decided on a whim to go stroll around on a secure area ramp all sneaky like then put it up all over the place for everyone to see? I'll tell you what would happen; The FBI/TSA people would show up in your bedroom at 11pm with pinless concussion grenades, guns, bright lights and handcuffs.

Best I can tell, these reporters are NOT authorized to go around breaking laws and rules like they are. I bet they haven't gone through any background check to be doing what they're doing either. As far as we know, they could be terrorists working as reporters doing recon for the big hit they're planning next. What happens if they decide the ratings are kind of low and start carrying real guns and bombs onto planes just to see if they can get away with it? I mean they're already deliberately sneaking into areas they shouldn't be so why not up the ante a bit? Think about it.

The reporters appear to be operating above the law just to up their evening ratings. If "reporter" = "authorized security consultant" then that would be another matter, but I seriously doubt that's the case. When they parade themselves around as hero's on national tv for bypassing security for their own gain and to tell everyone with a tv exactly how to bypass security, they should be thrown in jail for it.

Last edited:
Back