Why is it?

Skylane81E

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Duncan
That it seems everytime I have to pull a plane for maintenance that there's a checkride involved?:mad2:

Oh well, part will be in first thing tomorrow AM and I'll put it in as quickly as I can, hopefully the delay to the 10:00 ride will be minimal.

yeah, there is that. I just know what it's like to have a checkride not happen and don't like to do that to people.

the problem is the instructor is hungry so he'll fly broken stuff but the DPE needs to have everything fixed so everything gets fixed right before the checkride :)

LOL, fortunatly I've got the instructors conditioned to report all issues so I was told immediatly that it happened.

I guess walking into the instructor meeting with a shatered landing light and not so quietly expressing my displeasure that I found such a thing durring an inspection as they should have known about it (cowl mounted 172, can't miss it) and reported it worked.

LOL, fortunatly I've got the instructors conditioned to report all issues so I was told immediatly that it happened.

I guess walking into the instructor meeting with a shatered landing light and not so quietly expressing my displeasure that I found such a thing durring an inspection as they should have known about it (cowl mounted 172, can't miss it) and reported it worked.

I've always wondered the percentage of squawks that were OK during prefilght, but showed up after the plane was brought back.

I don't care, the next guy should report it:mad2:
My point being I can't fix what I don't know is broken. I've gotten everyone trained that I can only find issues when I inspect the planes, and that might be a while:dunno:

It's all good now though, just need to get this spring in in the am and stick it in.:goofy:

No need to worry, part came in on-time and installed without undue fuss, back up and runing with 15min to spare.

Don't forget that there is also Murphy's law at work - things will often go wrong at the worst times.

When I was finishing up my IR, I spent a week flying a Warrior leading up to the checkride. Flew morning and afternoon 5 days in a row. Had a minor mag problem that we identified and corrected earlier in the week, but otherwise perfect functioning airplane. Then on the morning of the checkride, I am pre-flighting the airplane and the gascolator is ****ing fuel when I tried to strain it. That was frustrating!

Back