Why I like my new toy...

NC Pilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
NC Pilot
My great and loving wife got me a True Flight FL190 for Christmas/Birthday this year. I like it and still learning the features. The attached thumbnail is a screen shot from FlightAware showing me avoiding a little weather using NexRad Radar. Really cool to use. In cockpit weather has to be the best thing ever added to General Aviation since the 182RG :rofl: .

The screen is large and easily readable in sunlight and it has a host of features that just boggle my mind. As I said, I am still learning it and can't wait for RAM to get the mount for it out on the market so I can have it as a natural part of my scan, but so far I have no complaints.

Attachments

• Flighttrack.JPG
    Flighttrack.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 77
Wow, that is a nice piece of software, and I've heard good things about the True Flight FL190.

Have fun in Ocracoke. Rent a bicycle!
Worked my butt off on the house. Guess that was kinda fun. Had steamed oysters for dinner both nights at Howards Pub. Basically just a working weekend with great weather. Flight back was easy and non eventfull.

Yep, I did ride the bikes around island. Only thing I used the car for was to go to the airport and get all the stuff I lugged out to work on the house and then back again.

Worked my butt off on the house. Guess that was kinda fun. Had steamed oysters for dinner both nights at Howards Pub. Basically just a working weekend with great weather.
I remember eating there. Is Philemon (sp?) still over at the Pelican Lodge B&B? I know he had it up for sale for a while. He also ran Pelican Air, IIRC.

I remember eating there. Is Philemon (sp?) still over at the Pelican Lodge B&B? I know he had it up for sale for a while. He also ran Pelican Air, IIRC.
Phil is still there. He still owns the Pelican Lodge (it is still for sale) and he still has a fleet of planes taking up parking spots on the ramp. None of which I would fly in.

Back