Why I am doing this...

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
Why am I writing all of this? The encourgaement and interest shown by my friends on both boards gets very nicely to the reason I decided to do it.

Too many times, on both boards, we see a thread started which garners the usual amount of concern and prayers, but after several days, peters out and we never know the outcome other than as a passing note on some other thread.

I do have some ability to express myself in a fashion that some of you like, and although I am normally a very private person about my feelings, I think that this is worth it to give others an insight as to what this kind of crisis is like from one person's view. I know that before it is over with, I will have to reveeal many parts of myself that I would rather keep private, but If one other person is blessed in any way, it will have been worth it. We are truly all in this together. None of us can honestly claim it will not happen to them.

I don't think anyone can be more of an individualist than myself, but I truly know, more so now than 6 month ago, that we are not alone. To most who have sought concern, caring and comfort by posting their crises on these boards, I hope their crisis was eased before the warmth of the support here cooled. I and many others though need this support for a longer time. So long as I can still feel the support and love of my friends, I will continue to keep thi topic alive. And hope that what we learn from it will carry on to others eho will need longer term support.

What you post today touches people in ways you cannot imagine. The worse thing about humanity is how frail it is and in how many ways our bodies can fail us. However, what is great about humanity is how strong it is and how when we think our bodies have failed us things turn around for the better. Wishing you the best. Do not give up.

Hi old man, I have to say that I never really knew you like some of the people on this board apparently do and the first time I saw you post was the one about your last flight. I have been silently following since, and just want you to know that you are in my prayers. I hate to see that your circumstances are not great, but it does warm me to see your fighting spirit and the overwhelming amount of humanity and fervor in your posts. Keep up the fight, and I do hope that you have faith in God, for with Him you will triumph in this illness.

Back