Why do people leave bags and not throw them away?

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
I'm talking about the little green plastic bags with dog turds inside. I see them on the side of the road and trails all the time.

Because there is always that guy that goes...''Would you look at that...'' then picks up the little green plastic bag and throws it away.??

And does a human pick up the little turds to put them in a little green plastic bag... or do the dogs have good aim.??

I don't think dogs are equipped with backup cameras or rear facing robotic arms, so I'm leaning towards the former.

If they're just going to leave it on the ground why bother with the bag?

sociopaths.

Same as any litter, like, put your garbage in the garbage, and generally, make the world a better place (ie, it's OK to pick up a few items that AREN'T yours and throw them out).

When we had a dog, my dog poop rules were pretty simple.

Poop in my yard: It gets scooped up and disposed of once a week or so, weather permitting.
Poop in someone else's yard: Bag it and toss it in the garbage. Nobody likes dog poop in their yard.
Poop in tall weeds or grass alongside the trail around the lake: It gets left to act as fertilizer, I'm not a loony.

Poop in our yard from someone else's dog: Obviously they lost this valuable thing, I will try to determine who it belongs to and return it to them via aerial delivery. Despite the passing of our much beloved family member, we don't miss the poop. This policy still applies.

I’ve seen people drop a bag walk and pick it up as they come back to home, just so they don’t carry it the whole walk. Not my style but it does happen.

I’ve seen people drop a bag walk and pick it up as they come back to home, just so they don’t carry it the whole walk. Not my style but it does happen.

if they did that twice would they be dropping a deuce?

I’ve been known to leave it in the grass without bagging and have my wife go pick it up…too much chance of me puking in the grass next to it if I pick it up.

Nah, gross is when your dog poops out another dog's dogpoop bag, like a drug mule for dogpoop. I guess that would be a dogpoop mule. Or a dogpoop dog.

Oof. You win!

If they're just going to leave it on the ground why bother with the bag?
Because someone is watching them when the dog poops. They pick it up to show what great people they are then toss it when no one is looking.

Yep, dropped with the intent on getting it when they walk past on their return trip. Sometimes they might get distracted and forget to get it...or their route may change and they don't pass it on the way home...and it's forgotten. Those are reasons I rarely do it, and instead feel like an idiot carrying dog poop for my entire walk....

Poop in our yard from someone else's dog: Obviously they lost this valuable thing, I will try to determine who it belongs to and return it to them via aerial delivery.

Our neighbors found some dog poop in their swimming pool one Sunday morning. Dogs haven't been back since. (this was after several attempts at playing nice and asking them to keep the dogs at home)

I’ve been known to leave it in the grass without bagging and have my wife go pick it up…too much chance of me puking in the grass next to it if I pick it up.
You are da man.!! And she still falls for that.?? :lol: :lol:

I hate lawn puke. But dogs don't crap on it anymore since it was replaced with rocks and desert plants.

Back